Which one should I pick?

Hello, 

I'm looking for a new laptop for school and I've finally narrowed it down to two ultrabooks, the Razer blade stealth (kaby lake) and the new Dell XPS 13. 

I can get the Razer one with the i7-7500U, 16GB RAM, 256SSD, QHD multi-touch display, 53Whr battery for around 200$ less then the Dell XPS 13 with i7-7500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, FHD non-touch display, 60Whr battery. Should I go for the cheaper Razer ultrabook or rather buy the Dell one?

Which one of those two would be better for daily use and for IT school?

If the Stealth is cheaper, has touch, and more ram, and only slightly less battery life I think objectively speaking it is the better option.

IMO I would get the stealth either way. I think Dell hasn't been so hot lately... Although Linus hadn't reviewed one for ages.. didn't he recently do so? Also he has had nothing but praise for the Stealth for some time now.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

2 minutes ago, VicBar said:

If the Stealth is cheaper, has touch, and more ram, and only slightly less battery life I think objectively speaking it is the better option.

IMO I would get the stealth either way. I think Dell hasn't been so hot lately... Although Linus hadn't reviewed one for ages.. didn't he recently do so? Also he has had nothing but praise for the Stealth for some time now.

Yeah I know, I'm a little more on for buying the stealth too. But the thing is I would buy it from another country, it just came to Europe and I would buy it in Austria, my neighboring country, and I would have issues because of warranty and such, that's my main concern about buying it. I don't know if I should take the risk.

18 minutes ago, VicBar said:

Also he has had nothing but praise for the Stealth for some time now.

He is a notorious bribe accepter of Razer and NVIDIA though, and buddies with their CEO/PR peeps. He won't ever say anything negative because they send him their top working models. :P

Get a XPS, Razer has way too many QC problems with their craptops and they all have a temperature problem.

The Dell XPS 13 has none of those problems and dell support is way better than razer "support".

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.