New gamer pc

tombstone
Intel 3570K or AMD 8350 Asus P8Z77-V' date=' ASRock Extreme 4[/quote']

Why is that better then a x79 chip with a i7 3820?

Intel 3570K or AMD 8350 Asus P8Z77-V' date=' ASRock Extreme 4[/quote'] Why is that better then a x79 chip with a i7 3820?

The 3570K and 8350 are neck and neck with the 3820. The 3770K out performs it. It's cheaper than buying a 2011 combo as the motherboards cost on average about $50 and up more.

but wouldn't i be better of investing in an 2011 socket.

would that set up not last me longer in terms of future gaming?

Socket 2011 is a workstation platform. It doesn't really have any benefits over 1155 for gaming. 80% of your performance in games will come from your graphics setup, so save money on the board and CPU and invest heavily in your graphics card instead.

Hmm!

so if i go Z77 i5-3770K with a GTX 680 (2GB or 4GB, don't know what is best)

i would stil be better off in the year 2016, then if I bought the X79 i7-3820

i would stil be better off in the year 2016' date=' then if I bought the X79 i7-3820 [/quote']

Not really - The X79 chipset and 2011 socket will soon also be obsolete and by 2016 your CPU would be four generations old and at least two sockets. Though in saying that you won't wake up one day to find that your system no longer works because it is too old.

I'd still go the 3570K or 3770K. As far as GPU memory, unless you're doing 3 or more screen gaming, you won't need a 4GB RAM buffer.

i would stil be better off in the year 2016' date=' then if I bought the X79 i7-3820 [/quote'] Not really - The X79 chipset and 2011 socket will soon also be obsolete and by 2016 your CPU would be four generations old and at least two sockets. Though in saying that you won't wake up one day to find that your system no longer works because it is too old. I'd still go the 3570K or 3770K. As far as GPU memory, unless you're doing 3 or more screen gaming, you won't need a 4GB RAM buffer.

^^ That couldn't have been said better.

I have seen some reviews of the 2011 socket and x79 chipset talking about how good they are. The biggest thing you can do in preparation for a new computer is watch for expected release dates on new equipment and get something as compatible as you can do the best on the market. Once you dump 1500 dollars into a computer, it is generally old by the time you boot it up. If you have the money, definitely get what is overclockable as well as getting what is latest on the market.

It is also going to depend on what game you plan on playing and what the game requires of video and cpu performance.

Check out this video:

You got any idea of what you are looking at right now?

Decent gaming rig? I'd go with something like this;

Intel 3570K or AMD 8350

Asus P8Z77-V, ASRock Extreme 4 or AMD equivalents.

8GB 1600C9 RAM @2x4 - Corsair Vengeance

128GB SSD for boot - Samsung 840, Samsung 840 Pro, Sandisk Extreme, Kingston HyperK, OCZ Vertex 4, Vector

1 or 2TB 7.2k drive - Seagate Barracuda, WD Black.

GTX670/680 or 7970 - I like the MSI cards due to their thermal soluitions.

600w PSU - Silverstone, Seasonic, Corsair ect.

That will eat just about any game you throw at it.

What this guy said, id perhaps choose different brands here and there but that's just personal preference.

yeah i think so, i properly go with Sabertooth z77, the 3570k intel and a gtx 680

for SSd i picked 2x samsung 840 pro 256 GB, they wher cheaper pr, gb

and properly a Corsair AX860i, figured i go big psu, for future sli and maby watercooling, just for the fun and the cool look of it

i want to thank everybody who wanted to help me figure out my problem, it helped a lot, and I've learned something too.

Best regards

Nicolai

for now il be using my old Corsair dominator 2x4, but they are only 1333Mhz

i was thinking of buying some Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 1600 Mhz

don't know if it will make a big difference, but 1333Mhz Corsair for now

Go the i7 3770k over the i5 3570k :) It performs a fair margin better with applications and those 8 threads might just come in handy down the track a bit with games.. IMO worth the extra $$$

okay, that is worth considering.

in Denmark the difference between i7 3770k and i5 3570k 118$

Still worth it?

for now il be using my old Corsair dominator 2x4, but they are only 1333Mhz

i was thinking of buying some Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 1600 Mhz

don't know if it will make a big difference, but 1333Mhz Corsair for now

I wouldn't recommend Corsair Vengeance. Absolutely no overclocking headroom. I personally wouldn't buy them again. I'd look at G.Skill or better Corsair memory. Vengeance are pretty much as bad as it gets.

okay, that is worth considering.

in Denmark the difference between i7 3770k and i5 3570k 118$

Still worth it?

Nope

I agree, The i5-3570k "at the moment" is easily quick enough.. With the release of Crysis 3 however, it is possible that games will start utilizing more threads sooner than we think. The i7 over the i5 for me in particular was a no brainer, I use a lot of programs that benefit from more threads, in some programs the i5 is 40% behind the i7. At the moment, as far as i know Crysis 3 is the only game where you might see the i7 pulling ahead over the i5. Either way, by the time the 3570k is becoming to slow, the 3770k probably will be as well, the only advantage the i7 might have when that time comes is 8 threads vs 4 threads.

Using more threads doesn't matter. There are already some games that use more than 4 threads (BF3 for example). There's still no increase in performance between the 3770K and the 3570K. It's not about using more threads, it's about hyperthreading support. Hyperthreading has been around for ages now... if anyone is making an effort to support hyperthreading, they're doing so very very slowly.

I think i´l go with the 3570K, those 118$ i can put away, and save up for a new haswell build in the future :)

what would you think was the absolute graphic card minimum requirements for running crysis 3? ( I kinda use this game for reference cos my old pc choked a little on it)

I think i´l go with the 3570K' date=' those 118$ i can put away, and save up for a new haswell build in the future :) what would you think was the absolute graphic card minimum requirements for running crysis 3? ( I kinda use this game for reference cos my old pc choked a little on it) [/quote']

Here's a video of Linus testing Crysis 3 with multiple graphics cards..

I'm thinking with both the PS4 and new xbox coming out with 8-core CPU's that games will be optimized soon to run on more cores/threads. This I'm hoping so cause the rate of game development and been chocked for so long cause everyone optimizes for damn consoles, leaving us PC gamers to play games with graphics that barely touch our high-end systems.

Sorry I haven't time to read the entire Thread, so what I say may be entirely irrelevant, but here's my views:

So overkill.. I can't remember what you said exactly, and I'm on my iPod so I'm not going back again, but gaming is purely GPU reliant. You'd be better of with an i3 3220/3225 ands 7950/7970 or a GTX 680(which I would rather), even a 660Ti would be fine, which would give you more money on perhiperals i.e 1080p IPS Monitors etc.

But in case you'll be doing other things, and you seem to have a lot of money so:

i5-3570k

After market cooler

ASRock Extreme6 Z77

Seasonic 620/Corsair TX650

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 MHz

GTX 680

Seagate 1TB

Corsair Force GT/Neutron GTX SSD

Corsair R/T/D series case

Unless if you really want to spend lots so you have no limitations then fair enough, but as far as gaming goes you don't need i7 CPU's and massive RAM, just something fairly decent ^ with a good GPU.

I'm thinking with both the PS4 and new xbox coming out with 8-core CPU's that games will be optimized soon to run on more cores/threads. This I'm hoping so cause the rate of game development and been chocked for so long cause everyone optimizes for damn consoles, leaving us PC gamers to play games with graphics that barely touch our high-end systems.
My thoughts also plus the i7 stomps the i5 in most other programs..

Not true actually. While a lot of performance will come from the GPU, the CPU does play a role, and how big the role is depends on the games being played. Planetside 2 for example is very heavy on the CPU. An i3 wouldn't be a good option for a gaming rig unless it's on a tight budget. I certainly wouldn't pair it with a GTX 680 or Radeon HD 7970.