GTX 970 SLI

Bremykt
Go to solution Solved by SeanAngelo,
Just now, Bremykt said:

I have this EVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0 and I have an option to buy this MSI 970 Gaming 4G. I read that the MSI has a custom PCB so I'm wondering if I at all can SLI these two cards?

yes you'll be able to

I have this EVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0 and I have an option to buy this MSI 970 Gaming 4G. I read that the MSI has a custom PCB so I'm wondering if I at all can SLI these two cards?

Just now, Bremykt said:

yes you'll be able to

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

You can, but you are better off selling your 970 and upgrading to a 1070.

Just now, elago said:

You can, but you are better off selling your 970 and upgrading to a 1070.

Ha ha yeah, but that's effort.

1 minute ago, Bremykt said:

Ha ha yeah, but that's effort.

You'll gen into VRAM problems sooner than later, but oh well

Remember the main card will still be the top card placed. So place the better card on the first PCIe slot. SLI does not double VRAM either.

For future reference. Any card of the same family can be SLI'd. Any 2x: 1080, 1070, 1060, Titan X, 980 Ti, 970, 960 of any brand as long as they are the same graphics card.

3 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Remember the main card will still be the top card placed. So place the better card on the first PCIe slot. SLI does not double VRAM either.

For future reference. Any card of the same family can be SLI'd. Any 2x: 1080, 1070, 1060, Titan X, 980 Ti, 970, 960 of any brand as long as they are the same graphics card.

I also read that you can't SLI cards with different VRAM configs, you know anything about that?

9 hours ago, Bremykt said:

I also read that you can't SLI cards with different VRAM configs, you know anything about that?

For example a 960, doing a 2GB and 4GB VRAM. The 4GB VRAM will match the VRAM of the 2GB. In conjuncture, it will always match the lowest memory module. Whichever comes first, no matter which card you place at the top.