WS2012R2 Set up AD-DS

Not looking for help I've tried so many ways I would rather just allow someone to remote desktop at this point. Btw I'd like to use my router as DHCP so that can be uninstalled.

2 hours ago, Kirisha said:

Not looking for help I've tried so many ways I would rather just allow someone to remote desktop at this point. Btw I'd like to use my router as DHCP so that can be uninstalled.

There are 3 problems with this request:

1. You are offering to give a stranger complete access to what will become your AD server. Even if you closely watched what they did, it would be easy for an experienced hacker to create a backdoor to allow them access to your system in the future, or other malware to steal data from you.
  2. What you are asking for is typically a service you would hire an IT Consultant to do for you. This can range from $50-$5000 or even more depending on the complexity of the job.
  3. After a failed attempt setting up AD, it is often better to start fresh with a clean install of windows on all the machines/VMs that you tried to set up as DCs, because botched installs tend to leave behind cruft that will mess up future operations.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

8 hours ago, brwainer said:

There are 3 problems with this request:

1. You are offering to give a stranger complete access to what will become your AD server. Even if you closely watched what they did, it would be easy for an experienced hacker to create a backdoor to allow them access to your system in the future, or other malware to steal data from you.
  2. What you are asking for is typically a service you would hire an IT Consultant to do for you. This can range from $50-$5000 or even more depending on the complexity of the job.
  3. After a failed attempt setting up AD, it is often better to start fresh with a clean install of windows on all the machines/VMs that you tried to set up as DCs, because botched installs tend to leave behind cruft that will mess up future operations.

i installed AD at a server at school and this is true.

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

Are you looking to learn by watching somebody set up AD, or actually asking somebody to remotely set up AD on your behalf to be used? I'd be willing to setup an isolated VM for you to log in to and show you how I'd set AD up. Be weary of teamviewer and such, as they allow you to push/pull files remotely that you wouldn't otherwise see unless you are looking for it.

There are a crap ton of tutorials on youtube from 2003-2012 on how to setup AD. What issues are you having? Could be a simple answer.