Vulkan Free-sync ?

KahK
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,
1 minute ago, KahK said:

Okay, I see where the confusion is coming from. By design, both cards will support DX12 and Vulkan. Amazon should really require commas when advertising things in the title.

DX12 is an API, along with Vulkan. FreeSync is separate from the two, and will work regardless of the API. And, those are 470s, not 480s.

Hi, so I am thinking about getting the RX 470 nitro. i noticed there is two versions one with Vulkan Free-Sync and one without. so i was wondering what is Vulkan Free-Sync and is it worth my extra couple of $?

Can you show me where you're seeing that? I looked up the card on Sapphire's website and there's nothing stated about "Vulkan Freesync." Freesync will work regardless of the API.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Can you show me where you're seeing that? I looked up the card on Sapphire's website and there's nothing stated about "Vulkan Freesync." Freesync will work regardless of the API.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Polaris-FreeSync-PCI-Express-Graphics/dp/B01J1J7SW8/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1476868514&sr=1-7&keywords=Radeon+RX+470

This is the one with.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J1J7SIM/ref=pd_vtph_147_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TET17Z4SE2ME2M7TR6P6

the one without.

1 minute ago, KahK said:

Okay, I see where the confusion is coming from. By design, both cards will support DX12 and Vulkan. Amazon should really require commas when advertising things in the title.

DX12 is an API, along with Vulkan. FreeSync is separate from the two, and will work regardless of the API. And, those are 470s, not 480s.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

whoops my mistake! thanks for the info.