gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 rv4 max vcore

hello,

I am searching for a cheap motherboard for extrem overclocking. I'm only starting out with ln2 so I don't want to buy the best stuff out there... I have an old fx6100 laying around so I searched for a am3+ borad. I saw gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 rv4 for sale from a second hand seller but can't find the max vcore anywhere. I don't to be stuck with a board that can only deliver the usual 1.55v.

Would be awesome if someone could tell me if the board allowes voltages around 1.8v.

Thank you in advance^^ 

First I am obliged to inform you that what you want to do here is a huge waste of money.

Now as for the question, if you're into serious AM3+ overclocking I suggest you buy an ASUS 990FX Sabertooth or ASUS Crosshair Formula-Z.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

If you mean the launch of zen and that the boards will get cheaper, then yes... i know that will happen but i saw a really good deal on a used on so that doesnt really matter... 10€ up or down isnt that important...

And as said, im still a beginner and a 230€ crosshair is too expensive for me atm... but if you know better, chaper options then i would be more than happy to know them

You can overclock on the 970A boards as well, not sure if there is a performance delta, but food for thought.

well... the thing is... i have an old 970A board but i wont set it under ln2... the low side mosfets are way too weak. I had a newer one which could have handled exoc but it was locked down to 1.55v so i kept on looking and as mentioned i found a deal for about 80€ so i would take that if i can ^^