So i have a copy of Windows 7 on a USB. If I boot up my pc with that and then decide I want to buy windows 10 could I just boot over it or what would I do???? 

2 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

So i have a copy of Windows 7 on a USB. If I boot up my pc with that and then decide I want to buy windows 10 could I just boot over it or what would I do???? 

can you rephrase that? If you are asking if you can install windows 7 then decide you want 10 all you have to do is have windows 10 on a USB drive or the image saved on your computer and you'll be set. Also if you don't like 10 you can roll it back within 30 days 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

can you rephrase that? If you are asking if you can install windows 7 then decide you want 10 all you have to do is have windows 10 on a USB drive or the image saved on your computer and you'll be set. Also if you don't like 10 you can roll it back within 30 days 

thanks. But wil it use more space on my SSD. So the ssd will contain both os's???

2 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

thanks. But wil it use more space on my SSD. So the ssd will contain both os's???

well only if you have 2 partitions. If you only have one partition and choose to go to Windows 10 from 7, 10 will just install over 7. It might take up a little more space than 7 but it wouldn't be much. 

If you wanted to run BOTH you would need to create a 2nd partition on the SSD and install 7 on one and 10 on the other

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

37 minutes ago, mbryant said:

well only if you have 2 partitions. If you only have one partition and choose to go to Windows 10 from 7, 10 will just install over 7. It might take up a little more space than 7 but it wouldn't be much. 

If you wanted to run BOTH you would need to create a 2nd partition on the SSD and install 7 on one and 10 on the other

Thanks. So if I install windows 7 I can install 10 if I dont like it. Also, in your opinion what would you do; get a free windows 7 or buy windows 10???

15 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

Thanks. So if I install windows 7 I can install 10 if I dont like it. Also, in your opinion what would you do; get a free windows 7 or buy windows 10???

Well some things will eventually stop supporting 7. I have 7 on my laptop and It's fine but I have 10 on my gaming machine. Really 10 isn't bad, there are somethings I prefer about 7. I would suggest you get 10 but it's all up to your preference 

4 hours ago, mbryant said:

Well some things will eventually stop supporting 7. I have 7 on my laptop and It's fine but I have 10 on my gaming machine. Really 10 isn't bad, there are somethings I prefer about 7. I would suggest you get 10 but it's all up to your preference 

I am getting a new flight sim which is coming out next month. I only chose 7 because my cousin gave it to me for free. Since the new flight sim is brand new, would it perform better on windows 10 ??? (or any new application) I am playing these games, can you please advise me if these work better on 7 or 10?

ARK: Survival Evolved

Star Citizen

X-Plane 11

CS:GO

GTA V (Maybe)

Rocket League

War Thunder

KSP (Kerbal Space Program)

Doom (Also maybe)

and some others that I havent thought of yet :):P

9 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

I am getting a new flight sim which is coming out next month. I only chose 7 because my cousin gave it to me for free. Since the new flight sim is brand new, would it perform better on windows 10 ??? (or any new application) I am playing these games, can you please advise me if these work better on 7 or 10?

ARK: Survival Evolved

Star Citizen

X-Plane 11

CS:GO

GTA V (Maybe)

Rocket League

War Thunder

KSP (Kerbal Space Program)

Doom (Also maybe)

and some others that I havent thought of yet :):P

I can't speak to that as all devs are different. Games like GTA V and CS:GO I can guarantee won't run better or worse on either. As for your flight sim just check the steam page or their website for compatibility. Since you got it for free just stick with 7, if you encounter problems then  go ahead and upgrade to 10.  Watch time code 1:00:14 to 1:03:16. I think I recall them mentioning something about 10 vs 7 performance