Windows loader installed on different drive than window OS

corrado33

So in installed windows on a PC with lots of drives in it. According to linux, windows installed on /dev/sdf1. However, it appears windows installed it's boot loader onto /dev/sdb1 as whenever I updated grub that's where it said the "installation" was. It works fine, I can boot into windows with no problem from grub.

Now, I haven't formatted /dev/sdb yet, it's going to be a storage drive, will the loader being there cause me trouble when I do format it? How can I move the windows loader to it's own disk? 

5 hours ago, corrado33 said:

So in installed windows on a PC with lots of drives in it. According to linux, windows installed on /dev/sdf1. However, it appears windows installed it's boot loader onto /dev/sdb1 as whenever I updated grub that's where it said the "installation" was. It works fine, I can boot into windows with no problem from grub.

Now, I haven't formatted /dev/sdb yet, it's going to be a storage drive, will the loader being there cause me trouble when I do format it? How can I move the windows loader to it's own disk? 

See if this helps http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11294-moving-boot-manager-different-drive.html