Ram question

UncL

I have 1 stick 8gb ram ( which was combo of 2 sticks Dual channel ). I wondering if it will work fine as 1 stick,and how can i test it. Thanks

It will work fine.    Whats to test?  Plug and Play.

(assuming all the usual caveats (speed, DDR version,etc, etc, etc).  If both worked, then one will as well.  Check the MoBo instructions for which Slot to use for a single stick).

Thanks.( Didnt expect so fast replies :D )

You'll probably find that in general replies come real quick (before the item drops out of the most recent list on the Right side column) ... or they are ages for when people scan the separate forum areas ... 

55 minutes ago, Rohime said:

It will work fine.    Whats to test?  Plug and Play.

(assuming all the usual caveats (speed, DDR version,etc, etc, etc).  If both worked, then one will as well.  Check the MoBo instructions for which Slot to use for a single stick).

Thats my point. I once tried it ( used it in dual channel slot ) and the pc after some time was shutting down.I thought it was fasle ram

10 minutes ago, UncL said:

Thats my point. I once tried it ( used it in dual channel slot ) and the pc after some time was shutting down.I thought it was fasle ram

One stick vs two sticks will not be an issue.

But there could of course be something wrong with the RAM.

1) what are the exact specs on the RAM (DDRx ?   Speed? )

2) what is the motherboard model ?

If the ram specs are difficult to interpret, then post a photo of the box or the stickers on the ram itself 

7 minutes ago, Rohime said:

One stick vs two sticks will not be an issue.

But there could of course be something wrong with the RAM.

1) what are the exact specs on the RAM (DDRx ?   Speed? )

2) what is the motherboard model ?

If the ram specs are difficult to interpret, then post a photo of the box or the stickers on the ram itself 

Its DDR3 ( dont remember the mhz ) My MoBo is gigabyte GA-P55-US3L rev1 ( F1 bios )

Ram itself got a custom cooling so its hard to tell

2 minutes ago, UncL said:

Its DDR3 ( dont remember the mhz ) My MoBo is gigabyte GA-P55-US3L rev1 ( F1 bios )

Ram itself got a custom cooling so its hard to tell

OK,. so ... the only thing we have to go on to indicate any problem is that you think it has an issue because of a shutdown.

So the normal recommendation in that situation would be to take out all the ram and try it one stick at a time to see if there is one stick that is broken ...

without extra sticks that are known good, you cannot really test if the stick you have is good.

TL;DR: - if you think the one and only stick of ram you have is faulty, then you should just replace it.  RAM is cheap.

51 minutes ago, Rohime said:

OK,. so ... the only thing we have to go on to indicate any problem is that you think it has an issue because of a shutdown.

So the normal recommendation in that situation would be to take out all the ram and try it one stick at a time to see if there is one stick that is broken ...

without extra sticks that are known good, you cannot really test if the stick you have is good.

TL;DR: - if you think the one and only stick of ram you have is faulty, then you should just replace it.  RAM is cheap.

I tried to use ONLY the stick we are talking about,and after some time the shutdown happened.Im thinking to try memtest to be sure

EDIT : ram is 1600Mhz