Why are some format types grayed out when using GParted

Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,
2 minutes ago, Tech N Gamer said:

What packages do I need then and I'm assuming I use sudo apt-get install?

Yeah. Just sudo apt-get install btrfs-tools for BTRFS and exfat-utils for exFat or whatever you need. Google your linux distro then the format you want then the word "package".

Example:

Ubuntu exfat package
Arch btrfs package

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but, when I use GParted, a lot of partition types are grayed out and Ubuntu doesn't recognize some of them like ExFAT, is there a way to have GParted format any partition to any drive type? This is what I mean:

Screenshot from 2016-10-14 19-54-29.png

Brah, do you even Java?

Because the packages required to format a drive or partition those formats isn't installed. 

i.e. to install BTFS or exFat you need to install the relevant packages btrfs-tools and exfat-utils.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

4 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

Because the packages required to format a drive or partition those formats isn't installed. 

i.e. to install BTFS or exFat you need to install the relevant packages btrfs-tools and exfat-utils.

What packages do I need then and I'm assuming I use sudo apt-get install? Also, please excuse my dumb questions, I mostly use Windows and I have Ubuntu installed on my laptop because Windows is a power hog and bogs my CPU down.

Brah, do you even Java?

2 minutes ago, Tech N Gamer said:

What packages do I need then and I'm assuming I use sudo apt-get install?

Yeah. Just sudo apt-get install btrfs-tools for BTRFS and exfat-utils for exFat or whatever you need. Google your linux distro then the format you want then the word "package".

Example:

Ubuntu exfat package
Arch btrfs package

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

Example:

Ubuntu exfat package
Arch btrfs package

Thank you for your help. :)

Brah, do you even Java?