Best PSU for under $100?

KenXeiko

(Please Read the Rest) Hey There, I need help to look for a new Power Supply, i am currently looking to replace my Corsair CX750M ( which is a very bad power supply, Tier 4 in the Tier List. ) i cannot order from any website besides the one below since i do not live in the U.S

Here is my specs : 
i5 - 4670k.
Deepcool ICEEDGE 200T
Palit Jetstream GTX 770
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 1866 MHZ DDR3
Western Digital Green 2 TB
Corsair CX750M PSU

I am going to replace my power supply since this could be the cause that most of my games are crashing, and that i have to downclock my graphics card just to be able to play also lock games at 30 fps.

I have seen the Toms Hardware power supply tier list, and in my $100 budget i can get the tier 1 XFX Pro Series XXX edition, but in the website that i can only buy in ( sorry i do not live in the U.S ) i have no idea if it is in fact the tier 1 bronze power supply since pictures aren't shown and it could be a different one since it's really difficult to identify if it's the same specs as the one in Newegg.

( as seen here https://dynaquestpc.com/product/xfx-proseries-650w-xxx-... ) since it does not give pictures and i can't compare the specs in the XFX website about it, so i don't have any idea if it is the tier 1 power Supply, If it is please notify me.

If it isn't the Tier 1 PSU, please recommend the best power supply that i can get for under $100, one that can power my PC and hopefully won't cause any problems like before, i would also like it if you listed 2 Power Supplies, the first one is if i decide to overclock and one if i don't want to overclock.

https://dynaquestpc.com/product-category/components/pow...

Thanks. ( Sorry if my English Skills are bad. )

1 minute ago, elpiGee said:

I personally prefer the EVGA Supernova G2 PSUs.

Read the rest man.

the cx750m isn't very good, but its not outright horrible. very unlikely to kill your components unlike any logisys/powerlogic psu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I would be surprised if that PSU is crashing your PC. Have a look at this list though, i would suggest a 650 W unit Tier 1-2

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, Thread212 said:

-Antec edge 550w

-Super flower leadex 550w

-Seasonic s12II

-If u can spend 20 more dollars i recommend u buy evga G2 550 supernova..

leadex ftw! great led cables :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Edit: looking for the best PSU for 5000₱

It's this one https://dynaquestpc.com/product/corsair-rm550x-80-gold-full-modular-power-supply/

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

19 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

(Please Read the Rest) Hey There, I need help to look for a new Power Supply, i am currently looking to replace my Corsair CX750M ( which is a very bad power supply, Tier 4 in the Tier List. ) i cannot order from any website besides the one below since i do not live in the U.S

Here is my specs : 
i5 - 4670k.
Deepcool ICEEDGE 200T
Palit Jetstream GTX 770
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 1866 MHZ DDR3
Western Digital Green 2 TB
Corsair CX750M PSU

I am going to replace my power supply since this could be the cause that most of my games are crashing, and that i have to downclock my graphics card just to be able to play also lock games at 30 fps.

I have seen the Toms Hardware power supply tier list, and in my $100 budget i can get the tier 1 XFX Pro Series XXX edition, but in the website that i can only buy in ( sorry i do not live in the U.S ) i have no idea if it is in fact the tier 1 bronze power supply since pictures aren't shown and it could be a different one since it's really difficult to identify if it's the same specs as the one in Newegg.

( as seen here https://dynaquestpc.com/product/xfx-proseries-650w-xxx-... ) since it does not give pictures and i can't compare the specs in the XFX website about it, so i don't have any idea if it is the tier 1 power Supply, If it is please notify me.

If it isn't the Tier 1 PSU, please recommend the best power supply that i can get for under $100, one that can power my PC and hopefully won't cause any problems like before, i would also like it if you listed 2 Power Supplies, the first one is if i decide to overclock and one if i don't want to overclock.

https://dynaquestpc.com/product-category/components/pow...

Thanks. ( Sorry if my English Skills are bad. )

i think that xfx is tier 1 in @STRMfrmXMN psu tier list. but if its not, the RM550X is, excellent option.(but anything tier 3 and above is good enough).

21 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

This problem sounds more like a GPU driver or hardware issue

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

But to be honest..
I am so disappointed about the caps they are using on 550w leadex.
Its not use full japanese caps.. instead they use Capxon caps..urrgg..
But its still worth the price.. and their ripple suppression is outstanding.

if they're polymers, i guess i'd be fine with it(still very disappointed; they did quote 100% japanese). if they're electrolytics then bad call, superflower. i didn't smoke $150 for crapxon caps in my psu.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i think that xfx is tier 1 in @STRMfrmXMN psu tier list. but if its not, the RM550X is, excellent option.(but anything tier 3 and above is good enough).

It's not, It's T3. The RMx is way better

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Edit: looking for the best PSU for 5000₱

It's this one https://dynaquestpc.com/product/corsair-rm550x-80-gold-full-modular-power-supply/

20 minutes ago, Unexas. said:
13 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

-Antec edge 550w

-Super flower leadex 550w

-Seasonic s12II

-If u can spend 20 more dollars i recommend u buy evga G2 550 supernova..

Not really P5000, more like P4,850  i cannot go above $100.

and why a 550w/520w tho? doesn't the Palit Jetstream GTX 770 require 600w+ as said on their website?

Just now, KenXeiko said:

and why a 550w/520w tho? doesn't the Palit Jetstream GTX 770 require 600w+ as said on their website?

No. You can run a GTX 770 on 430W

But you should still take this one anyway https://dynaquestpc.com/product/seasonic-750w-m12ii-750-80plus-bronze-modular/

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Thread212 said:

it is..but that doesnt mean u need 600watts..
u should check your wattage with cooler master calculator or something similar.
There u will find how much watt that u need.

Cooler Master Calculator is also inaccurate.

You should check GPU power consumption in reviews, add your CPU's power consumption, add 20W for every hard drive, then add 50W for good measure.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

no need, these requirements are overestimating the wattage needed. had an r9 390 running perfectly fine on a thermaltake smart 530w even though the websites say 750w needed(and 600w for gigabyte) :P

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

no need, these requirements are overestimating the wattage needed. had an r9 390 running perfectly fine on a thermaltake smart 530w even though the websites say 750w needed(and 600w for gigabyte) :P

Oh alright, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

No. You can run a GTX 770 on 430W

But you should still take this one anyway https://dynaquestpc.com/product/seasonic-750w-m12ii-750-80plus-bronze-modular/

Is there anything else better than that? something better than i can afford in my budget or is that it?

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

You should be more worried about it being a TT Smart model than it being 530W :P

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

The toms tier list is total dog shit, its like it was made by a 10 year old without any research that won't take advice from anyone. I would suggest either a Evga G2 or a Corsair RMx or if you are lucky and will use MiR a Seasonic Prime which is iirc the best PSU out there.