kali linux

Go to solution Solved by ilyas001,
10 hours ago, flowalex said:

On my Linux installs Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome, var is under computer not home (home for me is like desktop documents etc.)  but if you press [ctrl h] you can see hidden files (it may be different for Debian, I can provide screen shots later if you would like, I have to boot back into Linux on my one laptop and the other computer that is on doesn't have a gui runing for it most of the time, 

my friend i finaly understood my problem there are to homes folders one when i access computer disque files another that is up to desktop so when i use my console the home in question i was using wasn't the same home i was asking about .. i take some pictures so you can see 

home (2).jpg

home.jpg

hi guys . 

well i'm training to right now to use kali commands and with the "cp" command (copy) well first i go to home then ls i show me a file name test i try cp -v test /var/ 

it says omitting directory "test" i don't know why ? 

also the tutorial guy tel me to go to var after home but i  decided to go to home it self (with linux explorer ) there is no var folder but still i can get to it by using the terminal why ? 

15 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

Include -r for recursive since test is a directory.

-R, -r, --recursive          copy directories recursively

well i worked i can see a test in var buuuut it's a .sh file in the explorer and a folder in the console i don't understand how linux file explorer even works ? also can you answer my question number 2 about var file location ? (how does linux file exploration works ? )

and i thought it don't work because my console don't show anything  not like the video i was watching sooo you know ? 

On my Linux installs Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome, var is under computer not home (home for me is like desktop documents etc.)  but if you press [ctrl h] you can see hidden files (it may be different for Debian, I can provide screen shots later if you would like, I have to boot back into Linux on my one laptop and the other computer that is on doesn't have a gui runing for it most of the time, 

10 hours ago, flowalex said:

my friend i finaly understood my problem there are to homes folders one when i access computer disque files another that is up to desktop so when i use my console the home in question i was using wasn't the same home i was asking about .. i take some pictures so you can see 

home (2).jpg

home.jpg

One is home (upper screenshot), located in /home/$USERNAME, the other is / also known as root (lower screenshot), the very top of the file-system.

I recommend that you get acquainted with the basics of the filesystem hierarchy standard that is used in Linux and basic file/folder operation and navigation.

Generally, you will find no var folder in your home folder, unless you explicitly create one yourself. 100 % of the time when someone talks about var, they mean /var.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

10 minutes ago, Urishima said:

One is home (upper screenshot), located in /home/$USERNAME, the other is / also known as root (lower screenshot), the very top of the file-system.

I recommend that you get acquainted with the basics of the filesystem hierarchy standard that is used in Linux and basic file/folder operation and navigation.

Generally, you will find no var folder in your home folder, unless you explicitly create one yourself. 100 % of the time when someone talks about var, they mean /var.

i'm learning this basis right now i just started so it's nor amal that i fall for this little things but thanks  for help