My BitDefender Hates the Internet

Hey guys,

So I'm running BitDefender on pretty much everything. I run it on all my desktops, laptops, Androids, etc etc. 

A few months ago, BitDefender started becoming overtly intrusive. It started spiking resources, it wouldn't let me browse certain websites, it denied GTA Online any sort of traffic so I couldn't play. Eventually through it all, I said to heck with it and uninstalled it and immediately all my woes were gone.

Now recently, Windows Defender (thanks to Windows 10) is started tanking my resources, and I've just lost faith in AntiVirus in general. So I swallowed my pride and reinstalled BitDefender thinking maybe the new 2017 update will cure some of the issues. Well, no, actually, it hasn't.

Still can't connect to certain websites, including my own home router at its local IP Address, can't connect to GTA Online and other game servers, having slower browsing and higher latency; OH, and this is after disabling ALL of the modules and security settings I have access to in BitDefender, per a technical support guy at BitDefender saying to try and reactivate them one at a time once everything started working again. Well, I did that, and still everything is not working. 

Anyone have this kind of issue with BitDefender? Should I just give up? I mean, I'm not asking for much, am I? 

I'd even take AntiVirus recommendations at this point, despite having paid for it and having over 200 days left on my subscription.

I stopped using bitdefender recently after if was saying that there was an infected file on a drive that didn't exist, I haven't been in windows much but when I am I have the free version of Comodo internet security and glasswire free and regular windows firewall, so I can't recommend it on experience since I have been in windows for 5 hours in the past 3 weeks, but the Comodo stuff seems nice, and does the job fine.  Before uninstalling look for some settings in bitdefender, it may be something there that is causing the issues

3 hours ago, OmniZeal said:

Hey guys,

So I'm running BitDefender on pretty much everything. I run it on all my desktops, laptops, Androids, etc etc. 

A few months ago, BitDefender started becoming overtly intrusive. It started spiking resources, it wouldn't let me browse certain websites, it denied GTA Online any sort of traffic so I couldn't play. Eventually through it all, I said to heck with it and uninstalled it and immediately all my woes were gone.

Now recently, Windows Defender (thanks to Windows 10) is started tanking my resources, and I've just lost faith in AntiVirus in general. So I swallowed my pride and reinstalled BitDefender thinking maybe the new 2017 update will cure some of the issues. Well, no, actually, it hasn't.

Still can't connect to certain websites, including my own home router at its local IP Address, can't connect to GTA Online and other game servers, having slower browsing and higher latency; OH, and this is after disabling ALL of the modules and security settings I have access to in BitDefender, per a technical support guy at BitDefender saying to try and reactivate them one at a time once everything started working again. Well, I did that, and still everything is not working. 

Anyone have this kind of issue with BitDefender? Should I just give up? I mean, I'm not asking for much, am I? 

I'd even take AntiVirus recommendations at this point, despite having paid for it and having over 200 days left on my subscription.

do you really need an anti virus i am a pc user from last 5 years and had never had issues with security