Android media trasfer problem

tony.
Go to solution Solved by Vigilante505,

I recommend Google Drive or just google search Wifi transfer for android. If you're lucky LG has one built in to the newer phones that works great.

Or if you do it often enough buy one of those USB to micro USB thumbdrives. I have one to backup my 6P and its way faster than PC transfer.

Hey I really like android but I have a real inconvenience. I have windows 10 and latest updates on both OSs, but when I plug my phone in and try to, for example, put pictures on PC or songs onto phone there is a problem. Every single time I connect the phone I go in the phone settings>developer options>select USB configuration and then have to alternate between media transfer protocol or picture transfer protocol just to move files. is this normal.? please do not give an "lol no" or insult me because I will be very vulgar and be reported again. I'm not retarded just trying to ask a question.

Android file transfer is pretty terrible. If I get it to work correctly on any phone I had it would take half a year to transfer. You'd be better off getting a WiFi transfer utility.

I didnt think this board was so mean and hope you never got those kinds of responses. Dont assume we're all the same please.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

would you not be able to leave it set on media transfer then use the file explorer to do both the photos and files?

thats always seemed to work for me, although not all photos are in the same folder

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

it's not modded at all. I mostly use it for such file transfers. either to take pics or have music while driving. what is this wifi transfer utility do you have a couple examples?

4 minutes ago, Ramke_99 said:

would you not be able to leave it set on media transfer then use the file explorer to do both the photos and files?

thats always seemed to work for me, although not all photos are in the same folder

no every time I unplug it I have to go back into the settings again and change it so the PC will see the files.

no every time I unplug it I have to go back into the settings again and change it so the PC will see the files.

okay it's not just you. apparently I dont transfer files often enough to notice

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

I recommend Google Drive or just google search Wifi transfer for android. If you're lucky LG has one built in to the newer phones that works great.

Or if you do it often enough buy one of those USB to micro USB thumbdrives. I have one to backup my 6P and its way faster than PC transfer.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q