Openmediavault network config

Muleworx

Hey Everyone,

I have Openmediavault running on an semi old HP desktop with NAS setup mainly using it for backups for other machines in my house. I successfully made backups of my machines to it. I am now looking to backup other machines in my house, however they are on a different network. I am having a brain fart on how to config the network so the server can see both networks. It is currently configured on 192.168.1.x. I also need to see 10.0.0.x. Is that possible or do i need another physical connection?

Also apologize if this should be in networking threads

Thank you

How is you netowrk setup? A diagram would be nice.

SInce you have a 192 and a 10. You have 2 LANs. You would need either vlans or 2 network cables to use this. You should probably set up you whole network under one router,.

I have a new comcast modem/wireless router  which is the 10 gateway and then off of that OI have wireless router which is the 192 gateway. I made it this way to extend the wireless range initially. Where would the vlan have to be created?

5 minutes ago, Muleworx said:

I have a new comcast modem/wireless router  which is the 10 gateway and then off of that OI have wireless router which is the 192 gateway. I made it this way to extend the wireless range initially. Where would the vlan have to be created?

Make it so that the wireless is in bridge mode and not doing nat. You don't want the 192.168 ip's

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Make it so that the wireless is in bridge mode and not doing nat. You don't want the 192.168 ip's

Oh ok that makes more sense. Where would that be configured? on the main router or the secondary?

Just now, Muleworx said:

Oh ok that makes more sense. Where would that be configured? on the main router or the secondary?

Seconday

For the second router, dont use the wan port, only the lan port.

30 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Seconday

For the second router, dont use the wan port, only the lan port.

Thank you for your help! From some research it seems that my secondary router does not support bridge mode... back to the drawing board/