Desks?

MPX309

Anyone seen any nice desks, preferably in the UK? but any desk u can recommnd, just wanna see desks

not that I have a desk fetish, but I'm moving soon so will be have a new desk. 

Post pictures please. . . Ideally want it to be wide enough to put my comp on, and possibly might get a second monitor.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

What size are you after? Because if you've got a 3 monitor setup like me, you'll need a decent sized one.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I am not sure, I would like one with a monitor shelf, I have a spare floating shelf I'm not using spose I could find away to use that? but I dunno, I'm not a fan of them tiny desks or corner desks. Something nice wide and on one platform 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Sorry for hijacking the thread as such but i am also on the lookout for a new glass desk suitable for my eyefinity display (3x24"). but there doesn't seem to be much.

I am currently toying with the idea of buying a glass desk top from IKEA and two MDF cabinets at each side at the right height to use as a desk,

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I use to work at a place that sold computer desks,

If you don't have a ton of room in your new place, go for something with layers, it will maximize the space.

For the love of god if you go with a small desk stay away from cheep keyboard draws.

Corner desks tend to work best with computers as it can maximize the distance between the monitor and you reducing eye strain.

746897.jpg

something like that with bottom shelf work to,, if your short on space (also nice to keep your system off the ground, especially if your in a basement or have carpet.)

If you do have the space,  this is my favorite setup (not my picture) One bid corner slab of desk :)
P9020043.jpg"

Sorry for hijacking the thread as such but i am also on the lookout for a new glass desk suitable for my eyefinity display (3x24"). but there doesn't seem to be much.

I am currently toying with the idea of buying a glass desk top from IKEA and two MDF cabinets at each side at the right height to use as a desk,

Glass is a cool idea,  People say you have to worry about shattering,,  Yes but realistically unless your dropping bricks on it,, you'll be fine. 

but be warned, most cheep glass desks don't have any type of anti scratch coating. and yes,,, they do scratch. so get a mouse pad and little rubber feet for speakers and your keyboard.

:)

HMM what about this?

Glass table top 148x73 cm + two of theese (70cm height so prefect height for a desk)

= £105 for a BIG desk

edit: on a side note i wonder if you could remove the pattern with a razor blade or such without scratching the glass to death... but i may be to your taste. i think it might be cool

another edit: DAMN think i just talked myself into this idea unless anyone has any objections?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Sorry I should explain it needs to be wide to accommodate midi controllers, the gala desks do look good though, I'm moving into an attic room so no idea how much room I'll have yet.

$T2eC16ZHJH0FG1L8LFqzBS(luSyd,g~~60_57.J

this looks cool yea

Well what you just said would be perfect

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Like and double like for your Avatar I am a fan of the R34 GTR myself 

yeah i think i may go ahead with this idea that I posted above. get some strip LED's and get a nice red glow going on :)

(again sorry for the sorta thread hijack)

• 4 weeks later...

It's not out yet, but the Paradise desk was funnded on Kickstarter and that's REALLY cool.

A man of charm with strange quarks.