DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED StarWars Battlefront

BiscuitMassacre

I didn't know the best place to put this. Mods, if you know a better place, please move this thread.

I have been having an issue lately with StarWars Battlefront 2015. My specs are in the signature. And I do have the latest drivers as of October 6, 2016 (today).

Whenever I ALT+Tab or open up the search there is a small chance my game will crash. 

This is the error I get:

DirectX function "Dx11Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. "). GPU: "Nvidia GTX 970", Driver: 37290. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2GB.

I am not overclocking. I have performed a DDU clean install twice and 'clean re-installed' via Geforce Experience 3. Please help. I am running the game at max at 1080p with 1.3x resolution scale at Windowed Fullscreen. Thanks for the help.

Screenshot (36).png

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

This problem has been around for a while. There is a lot of variety in systems so it's still uncertain what causes it. It's not just Battlefront issue eighter.

Most likely cause is DirectX problem with overclocked GPUs, when the card is pushed near limits. Even so called "factory overclock" can cause this. Most people have posted that limiting the GPU to stock spec fixed the problem.

*I haven't personally had this problem, but few friends have and so I have been following the topic.

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

17 minutes ago, SnakeDrone said:

This problem has been around for a while. There is a lot of variety in systems so it's still uncertain what causes it. It's not just Battlefront issue eighter.

Most likely cause is DirectX problem with overclocked GPUs, when the card is pushed near limits. Even so called "factory overclock" can cause this. Most people have posted that limiting the GPU to stock spec fixed the problem.

*I haven't personally had this problem, but few friends have and so I have been following the topic.

Should I downclock?

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

There is a lot of fixes that people have claimed worked for them, this is the one solution that most people agree to fix it.

You can also Google "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" and try the other methods you find or post support ticket to EA https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

I would try it, but the choice is yours.

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?