Looking to move windows from HDD to SSD need help

Swiftfeather

I'm looking to transfer windows 10 and some vital programs to an SSD so that I can  comfortably open programs and such, however, I am not seeing any way to EXCLUSIVELY install windows to a new drive. 

Is there any way I can install windows to a new drive without requiring all of the program files and data over as well? I only want windows and things like steam and chrome so I can keep room for the games I play as well as have all my old data. How would I go about doing this? 

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

There is no exclusive. You have to remove them unfortuanetely

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

There is no exclusive. You have to remove them unfortuanetely

wait so I can't even bring them all over? So it's pretty much useless unless I want to do a clean install of windows and set programs to install to the HDD rather than the SSD?

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

25 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Most programs don't care that they were installed. You can probably run them right off the HDD after a clean install.

Would it be best if I just took the time to individually remove all the files I don't need anymore and old programs and then just clone my HDD to my SSD? Would that work? I should be able to get the HDD filesize down to fit rather well.

I re-read your OP and I'm confused now. So I'm just going to disregard what I said and start from here:

Is there any way I can install windows to a new drive without requiring all of the program files and data over as well?

Clean installing just installs Windows. There's no reason to require program files and data.

I only want windows and things like steam and chrome so I can keep room for the games I play as well as have all my old data. How would I go about doing this? 

Install Windows on the SSD, install the programs you want, then go in your HDD and then the Users\[username] folder and just copy and paste everything in there to C:\Users\[username].

Make sure you have hidden files and folders visible.

13 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I re-read your OP and I'm confused now. So I'm just going to disregard what I said and start from here:

Clean installing just installs Windows. There's no reason to require program files and data.

Install Windows on the SSD, install the programs you want, then go in your HDD and then the Users\[username] folder and just copy and paste everything in there to C:\Users\[username].

Make sure you have hidden files and folders visible.

Okay, how do I go about installing just windows to a different drive?

44 minutes ago, Swiftfeather said:

Okay, how do I go about installing just windows to a different drive?

Unplug the HDD, install the SSD, install Windows like normal.

Use this tool to make the install media: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10