URGENT - GPU MIGHT BE DEAD 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

Just now, mathijs727 said:

Is it also fixed if you do a normal boot?

Booting into safe mode means that Windows will not start up any third party applications (like OC software, spotify or whatever).

So if running in safe mode fixes it you know its a software problem (which is a good thing because hardware failure costs money)

Especially in that case I would recommend to uninstall any GPU overclocking software (EVGA precision, MSI Afterburner, etc) and use DDU to uninstall your graphics driver.

Reboot after that (for good measure) and reinstall the latest Nvidia driver from their website.

Ok thanks so much man. I honestly would've cried myself to bed tonight if it wasn't for everyone's help :)

1 minute ago, mathijs727 said:

Is it also fixed if you do a normal boot?

Booting into safe mode means that Windows will not start up any third party applications (like OC software, spotify or whatever).

So if running in safe mode fixes it you know its a software problem (which is a good thing because hardware failure costs money)

Especially in that case I would recommend to uninstall any GPU overclocking software (EVGA precision, MSI Afterburner, etc) and use DDU to uninstall your graphics driver.

Reboot after that (for good measure) and reinstall the latest Nvidia driver from their website.

ill try doing what you said now

OK thanks so much everyone who helped me! I couldn't have done it without you.

The end situation concluded that my GPU pretty much shat itself when I tried to over overclock it. After a safe boot and some minor tweaks to programs that I have and a complete reset of the BIOS, the 970 is now working again. 

Once again thanks everyone,

Alex ;)