Trying to reformat.

thew

We must login to see the page you listed. 

So you basically want to reset your drive so its empty? 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

2 minutes ago, thew said:

So you want a empty drive, so you can do a clean install of windows? 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

So you want a empty drive, so you can do a clean install of windows? 

Yes pretty much.

1) unplug all drives expect the one you want windows on

2) when you get to that screen again, delete everything possible, you will be left with one "unallocated space" you cant delete

3) select that and install

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@thew

You can open CMD in that by pressing SHIFT + F10 (Or CTRL + F10) 

Go to cmd prompt, type

>diskpart

>list disk

>select disk [disk #]

>list disk // make sure correct disk is selected

>clean

Then Format it with the format button

That might work?

1 hour ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

@thew

Go to cmd prompt, type

>diskpart

>list disk

>select disk [disk #]

>clean

Then Format it with the format button

That might work?

but what disk should I select, theres so many..

4 minutes ago, thew said:

but what disk should I select, theres so many..

How many disks are there? 

How big is your OS disk?

1 minute ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

How many disks are there? 

How big is your OS disk?

OS Disk is 4.11GB

What partition do I choose :S

1 minute ago, thew said:

OS Disk is 4.11GB

What partition do I choose :S

I mean how big is the Hard Drive you want to install windows onto? (Sorry) 

And you want to empty that so you can put windows on? 

I mean how big is the Hard Drive you want to install windows onto? (Sorry) 

And you want to empty that so you can put windows on? 

I have a 1TB Hard drive.

I currently have windows 10 installed along with other junk in my PC and would like to reformat everything. Remove all my data and installed a fresh new windows. So yeh.

Just now, thew said:

I have a 1TB Hard drive.

I currently have windows 10 installed along with other junk in my PC and would like to reformat everything. Remove all my data and installed a fresh new windows. So yeh.

How many drives do you have? 

How many drives do you have? 

I have 1 HDD, that's it.

18 minutes ago, thew said:

I have 1 HDD, that's it.

So then its nice and easy... disk 1. 

Go to cmd prompt, type

>diskpart

>list disk

>select disk 1

>clean

That should work. then you can press the format button.