CPU fan error!

Go to solution Solved by ★ Coups ★,

Fixed It.  Just set it to ignore the fan rpm.

Sorry :P

Yes. I'm incredibly stupid.

I've installed my Cryorig A40 pump fan into the pump, and now it is causing a CPU Fan Error.  

It's all safe, the fans are spinning and the pump is working (I think) 

(there is no pump or CPU fan information like rpm)  

What do I do? 

The fan plugs directly into the pump too

What is setup? I also appear to not be able to enter BIOS.  What now? 

?

1475179311885-100492097.jpg

14751794806021152546376.jpg

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Fixed It.  Just set it to ignore the fan rpm.

Sorry :P

Yes. I'm incredibly stupid.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

3 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Fixed It.  Just set it to ignore the fan rpm 

my h100 has a fan header coming from it that connects to the cpu fan so you can use it to monitor the pump. I'm assuming yours doesn't have the same thing?

you'll find out pretty quickly if the pump isn't working :P

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

my h100 has a fan header coming from it that connects to the cpu fan so you can use it to monitor the pump. I'm assuming yours doesn't have the same thing?

you'll find out pretty quickly if the pump isn't working :P

Yeah this cooler doesn't have software like other more mainstream ones. It's more basic, runs of BIOS with no information on what its doing. That was meant to be one of the selling points... 

I wish there was a way to make it so I can measure the RPM of the pump and little CPU fan

1 minute ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Yeah this cooler doesn't have software like other more mainstream ones. It's more basic, runs of BIOS with no information on what its doing. That was meant to be one of the selling points... 

I wish there was a way to make it so I can measure the RPM of the pump and little CPU fan

could've move the cooling fan to the cpu header that will give you control over the fan but if it is working I would leave it be.

Just now, vorticalbox said:

could've move the cooling fan to the cpu header that will give you control over the fan but if it is working I would leave it be.

Yeah. I was thinking of running it from a case fan header, that way I can turn it off if the ram or whatever isn't hot enough. 

It's a small fan, and the magnets kinda make it "click" as it spins. Nothing crazy.

15 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Yeah. I was thinking of running it from a case fan header, that way I can turn it off if the ram or whatever isn't hot enough. 

It's a small fan, and the magnets kinda make it "click" as it spins. Nothing crazy.

I need a fan like that to cool my VMs they get hot and throttle my overclock. I have yet to find a way to cool them that doesn't look rubbish.

2 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

I need a fan like that to cool my VMs they get hot and throttle my overclock. I have yet to find a way to cool them that doesn't look rubbish.

What are you trying to say?! :o

In all honestly though, the fan doesn't look too bad in the system with the right lighting, Shame they made it in white, and not black to be honest. :(

What about something like this? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMDAF-Dominator-Platinum-Airflow/dp/B00Q8UKRYU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475181974&sr=8-2&keywords=RAM+cooler

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMYAF-Dominator-Airflow-Cooling/dp/B00GU9UG9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475182022&sr=8-1&keywords=RAM+cooler

I personally don't think the first one looks too bad. 

4 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

What are you trying to say?! :o

In all honestly though, the fan doesn't look too bad in the system with the right lighting, Shame they made it in white, and not black to be honest. :(

What about something like this? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMDAF-Dominator-Platinum-Airflow/dp/B00Q8UKRYU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475181974&sr=8-2&keywords=RAM+cooler

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMYAF-Dominator-Airflow-Cooling/dp/B00GU9UG9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475182022&sr=8-1&keywords=RAM+cooler

I personally don't think the first one looks too bad. 

around the cpu is a heat sink. Under that is the voltage regulator that step the voltage and make is clean fir the cpu to use.

When I overclock my 8350 past 4.5 ghz it gets hot and throttles.

I need a small fan that I can mount to it but there really isn't any.

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

around the cpu is a heat sink. Under that is the voltage regulator that step the voltage and make is clean fir the cpu to use.

When I overclock my 8350 past 4.5 ghz it gets hot and throttles.

I need a small fan that I can mount to it but there really isn't any.

Ahh! 

My motherboards Voltage Regulator and stuff is all hidden under the armour. I decided not to put the fan in as it was incredibly loud. I havnt noticed a difference in performance. How do I know if this is a bottleneck? 

By the way, for the sake of £2, you could try this? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/40mm-Silent-Cooling-Computer-Black/dp/B01II4C6UG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1475182675&sr=8-9&keywords=mini+PC+Fan

However, this is getting a bit off-topic. Feel free to slide into my DMs