need help desiding

jvb50m

so I'm planning to but a had to install Osx on so I can video edit with my favorite software. My current SSD is mostly full and I would like to get a separate HD just for mac os so my question is should I get another 240 GB SSD or 1 TB HD?

My main concern in performance in the software not built up times (it needs to handle 3d stuff quickly.)

If your only concern is rapid response time, go SSD. If you'll need that extra storage space, go HDD. It's a trade off for sure, but only you can decide which is more important. You can always add another disk later too, it's not wrong to get an SSD now and then add another later when you need it, or even add an HDD later for mass storage.

Truthfully, there's no one here who can really decide what you need, only you can make that call.

4 minutes ago, bauer8cs said:

If your only concern is rapid response time, go SSD. If you'll need that extra storage space, go HDD. It's a trade off for sure, but only you can decide which is more important. You can always add another disk later too, it's not wrong to get an SSD now and then add another later when you need it, or even add an HDD later for mass storage.

Truthfully, there's no one here who can really decide what you need, only you can make that call.

What i'm asking is will i loose performance in final cut or motion if i chose the hd or the ssd idc about program launch times

14 minutes ago, jvb50m said:

What i'm asking is will i loose performance in final cut or motion if i chose the hd or the ssd idc about program launch times

You will loose a little bit of performance. It won't be too major tho.

you wont lose enough to notice a considerable difference but yes there will be some.

The Sata connector is limited in its speed anyway. if it was a choice between the two and an m.2 thats a different story.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Ok that's all i needed to know thanks!

one last ting Seagate or western digital?

39 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

You will lose a little bit of performance. It won't be too major tho.

This.

I'm partial to WD myself, but I've also had Seagate drives and they've been fine.