Phone video adapter question (micro USB to lightning to hdmi/vga)

Hey I've got a question regarding adapters on phones

At my workplace we have meeting rooms with projectors we need to test whenever we're hosting an event there.

We generally use an Ipod with a lightning adapter to hdmi and vga. 

I'm tempted to get my own adapter (micro USB male to lightning female) so I don't have to rely on my colleague when I am rigging up a meeting room on my own. 

Tl;Dr: I need to know if it's possible to pass video from my s7 edge through micro USB to lighting and then through the adapter to hdmi. 

Second question (this would be simplest cause I have the parts for this.)  is to use the micro USB to full size USB and a normal lightning charger cable.

3 minutes ago, AnimeDudeJ said:

SNIP

Only if the port supports MHL which the samsungs do not have, and i doubt you could pass that through lightning anyway

You would have to use a wireless solution streaming off the S7 edge as it doesnt have wired video out

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Only if the port supports MHL which the samsungs do not have, and i doubt you could pass that through lightning anyway

You would have to use a wireless solution streaming off the S7 edge as it doesnt have wired video out

Thanks for the answer.  Ill try and see if it works with my second solution if not my old chrome cast might suffice as a temporary solution though in that case I might as well just bring my iPhone 6 and use the adapters they have at work :S

Will post results tommorow

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 5:43 AM, ShadowCaptain said:

To be fair they supported external display through usb since note 3. So I am pretty sure it's possible. 

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms