PC master race or Console?

IAEInferno

Should I go with consoles or PC?

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Just now, SageOfSpice said:

That depends. 

What do you want to be able to do?

Are you willing to trade convenience for customization/functionality?

Nah, I'm always gonna be on the pc side, Just wanted to say PC master race in the consoles forum.

5 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Should I go with consoles or PC?

What do you want to play, resolution, budget etc.. can't ask that question straight out

Just now, Alaa said:

What do you want to play, resolution, budget etc.. can't ask that question straight out

I just wanted to say PC master race!

Just now, IAEInferno said:

I just wanted to say PC master race!

K

But seriously though what are the benefits of using consoles over pc?

15 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

But seriously though what are the benefits of using consoles over pc?

game opomisation is a HUGE one. its all prepackaged, grandma could buy you one with a few games easy with no hassle, integrated apps, easy multiplayer all inclusive chat, maybe exclusives. theres actually a lot of reasons.

I like the fun of DIY with a PC. It's really amazing being able to call something my own after spending the afternoon putting it together. All of the issues that (rarely) come with building a PC are well worth it, in my opinion. I don't own an Xbox One or a PS4, nor do I really plan on getting one.

However, I'm not one to tell anyone that getting a console is wrong. It's true that you won't be able to beat a higher-end PC in both performance and versatility, but there is an experience worth getting to some people on a console that's harder to match on a PC. Also, the upfront price is just hard to beat for any new system, and there are some exclusive titles that many find to be worth playing. If anyone likes gaming on console and finds the experience satisfying, then it was worth it to them, and I could never bash anyone for that.

Just now, Kavawuvi said:

I like the fun of DIY with a PC. It's really amazing being able to call something my own after spending the afternoon putting it together. All of the issues that (rarely) come with building a PC are well worth it, in my opinion. I don't own an Xbox One or a PS4, nor do I really plan on getting one.

However, I'm not one to tell anyone that getting a console is wrong. It's true that you won't be able to beat a higher-end PC in both performance and versatility, but there is an experience worth getting to some people on a console that's harder to match on a PC. Also, the upfront price is just hard to beat for any new system. If anyone likes gaming on console and finds the experience satisfying, then it was worth it to them, and I could never bash anyone for that.

30 fps master race?

4 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

30 fps master race?

Only if the resolution is at 900p with FXAA.

Not excusing any of the BS with this generation of consoles, by the way. From what I've heard, it's been a bit underwhelming.

Just now, Kavawuvi said:

Only if the resolution is at 900p with FXAA.

max fps?

3 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

However, I'm not one to tell anyone that getting a console is wrong. It's true that you won't be able to beat a higher-end PC in both performance and versatility, but there is an experience worth getting to some people on a console that's harder to match on a PC. Also, the upfront price is just hard to beat for any new system, and there are some exclusive titles that many find to be worth playing. If anyone likes gaming on console and finds the experience satisfying, then it was worth it to them, and I could never bash anyone for that.

I don't do much gaming but I do typically buy into the new disc format around this pricepoint so the One S looks interesting if for nothing other then the UHD Bluray Drive, being the 299 500GB One S is the cheapest UHD Bluray player on the market.

There's no point to this topic. Locked.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch