Sound issue on dell xps 8300

Joel_r7

Hi! I'm a new pc member and just got a dell xps 8300, the issue is the audio doesn't work. The headphone port does not work, the rear panel jacks do not. I've contacted Microsoft three times with no luck. They said it might be grounded? I have no clue what this means and could use some help. Is there a way to fix it? I'd like to be able to use the headphone jack, seeing as I edit videos and game frequently. Thanks for any help. 

Go to the dell Support and download the latest driver´s for your sound chip/card or contact the Dell Support. 

44 minutes ago, Joel_r7 said:

Hi! I'm a new pc member and just got a dell xps 8300, the issue is the audio doesn't work. The headphone port does not work, the rear panel jacks do not. I've contacted Microsoft three times with no luck. They said it might be grounded? I have no clue what this means and could use some help. Is there a way to fix it? I'd like to be able to use the headphone jack, seeing as I edit videos and game frequently. Thanks for any help. 

http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/product-support/product/xps-8300/drivers
click on system analysis and let it run whatever test it needs

When did this audio issue start for you?
Did you recently upgrade to Windows 10?
Are you using an HDMI cable to your monitor? maybe the audio is being routed through the HDMI instead of the motherboard?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

I did try HDMI through the mother board which did not give success. I went to Dell's website and it suggested drivers, but I could not figure out how to actually get them working. I literally am so new to pc it's hilarious. I've been on Mac for so long where it's all auto downloaded, and every help video I search shows someone using a paid software to do the driver install. Surely I can do it, right??