Kingston UV400

JacobKS

I just want to know your thoughts regarding the UV400 SSDs from Kingston, are they reliable? Their 480gb SSD is one of the cheapest,

I have the UV400 240gb on my testbench and its great.

I have had it for about half a year, and its been flawless.

I highly recommend it for the price ;) 

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

5 hours ago, oskarha said:

I have the UV400 240gb on my testbench and its great.

I have had it for about half a year, and its been flawless.

I highly recommend it for the price ;) 

Do you think that it is quite durable like the WD Caviar Blue  or Black? or should I get the Samsung 850 EVO I've seen a lot of good reviews on this one? I'm planning to buy the 480gb version.

2 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

Do you think that it is quite durable like the WD Caviar Blue  or Black? or should I get the Samsung 850 EVO I've seen a lot of good reviews on this one? I'm planning to buy the 480gb version.

The WD Caviar blue and black are mechanical drives, so any decent quality ssd like the UV400 or the 850 EVO will be much more durable and reliable. If you have the budget for an 850EVO, get that, but the UV400 is still a great drive ;)

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

3 minutes ago, oskarha said:

The WD Caviar blue and black are mechanical drives, so any decent quality ssd like the UV400 or the 850 EVO will be much more durable and reliable. If you have the budget for an 850EVO, get that, but the UV400 is still a great drive ;)

Thanks, I thought HDDs are much more durable than SSDs. I'll think about the UV400.

1 minute ago, JacobKS said:

Thanks, I thought HDDs are much more durable than SSDs. I'll think about the UV400.

SSD are much more durable than HDDs becuase they dont have any moving parts. HDDs have moving part that can fail and go wrong.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, oskarha said:

SSD are much more durable than HDDs becuase they dont have any moving parts. HDDs have moving part that can fail and go wrong.

How long do you think this UV400 will last? I'm just scared that it might fail for some reason but I never experienced that my storage fail, my friends does hahaha.

19 minutes ago, JacobKS said:

How long do you think this UV400 will last? I'm just scared that it might fail for some reason but I never experienced that my storage fail, my friends does hahaha.

A long time.

Honestly i don't know :P 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, oskarha said:

A long time.

Honestly i don't know :P 

Thanks, since I still have my Caviar BLUE  as my main storage which is 6yrs old now and no problem whatsoever and you said that SSDs is much more durable than HDDs, so yeh hahha.

3 hours ago, JacobKS said:

According to Kingston, the 480GB can write 200TB of data before it dies, if you write 50GB a day, in a year you would have written about 18TB, so you should expect a long lifespan, after the SSD dies, you probably won't have any of your data corrupted, but the write speeds will be slower than a ultra cheap SD card, anyway, you should always have your data in an external drive

1 hour ago, Murilo_A said:

According to Kingston, the 480GB can write 200TB of data before it dies, if you write 50GB a day, in a year you would have written about 18TB, so you should expect a long lifespan, after the SSD dies, you probably won't have any of your data corrupted, but the write speeds will be slower than a ultra cheap SD card, anyway, you should always have your data in an external drive

really thats quite amazing, thanks mate.