Unknown ability of build.

browsetheweb

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jz8gBP

I came up with this build, with the following in mind: Playing games such as The Division, H1Z1 (both), Dead by Daylight, and LoL. I was wondering if someone could tell me what settings I would need to have EACH game at to achieve 144 fps. Also if there's anything about my build that you could advise me on, that would be great. I am open to all suggestions and recommendations. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, browsetheweb said:

I came up with this build, with the following in mind: Playing games such as The Division, H1Z1 (both), Dead by Daylight, and LoL. I was wondering if someone could tell me what settings I would need to have EACH game at to achieve 144 fps. Also if there's anything about my build that you could advise me on, that would be great. I am open to all suggestions and recommendations. Thanks.

LoL wont be an issue, you might have to turn down settings to high if you want 144 FPS though in the other games. You can get OEM windows keys off kinguin for $15. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

9 minutes ago, browsetheweb said:

Only 1080p?

That's quite a high budget to still only be going for a stock cooler.

1 minute ago, rn8686 said:

LoL wont be an issue, you might have to turn down settings to high if you want 144 FPS though in the other games. You can get OEM windows keys off kinguin for $15. 

If they're a student they could also get a free Windows 8.1 key here: https://catalog.imagine.microsoft.com/en-US/Catalog/Product/82

1 minute ago, browsetheweb said:

Yes sir, only 1080p.

Why?

What's the point of getting a 1080p 180Hz 1ms screen?

4 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

Why?

What's the point of getting a 1080p 180Hz 1ms screen?

I would like to get as much fps as possible. I will be doing some competitive gaming, also the monitor I chose is quite cheap for G-Sync, but I won't be buying it at that price, waiting for it to go on sale. I don't think the GTX 1060 could achieve 144fps+ on 1440p. 

1 minute ago, browsetheweb said:

I would like to get as much fps as possible. I will be doing some competitive gaming, also the monitor I chose is quite cheap for G-Sync, but I won't be buying it at that price, waiting for it to go on sale. I don't think the GTX 1060 could achieve 144fps+ on 1440p. 

Competitive gaming on Wi-Fi?

13 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

You can get OEM windows keys off kinguin for $15. 

Kingwin and G2A are grey area sites that violate Microsoft's Terms of Service: 

Section 8, Software License.

Unless accompanied by a separate Microsoft license agreement (for example, if you are using a Microsoft application that is included with and a part of Windows, then the Windows Software License Terms govern such software), and except as provided in section 14(b)(i) below for applications available through the Office Store, the Windows Store or the Xbox Store, any software provided by us to you as part of the Services is subject to these Terms.

a. If you comply with these Terms, we grant you the right to install and use one copy of the software per device on a worldwide basis for use by only one person at a time as part of your use of the Services. The software or website that is part of the Services may include third-party code. Any third-party scripts or code, linked to or referenced from the software or website, are licensed to you by the third parties that own such code, not by Microsoft. Notices, if any, for the third-party code are included for your information only.

b. The software is licensed, not sold, and Microsoft reserves all rights to the software not expressly granted by Microsoft, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. This license does not give you any right to, and you may not:

-i. circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the software or Services;

-iv. publish, copy, rent, lease, sell, export, import, distribute, or lend the software or the Services, unless Microsoft expressly authorizes you to do so;

-v. transfer the software, any software licenses, or any rights to access or use the Services;

9 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

Competitive gaming on Wi-Fi?

Yeah, got any suggestions for faster internet speed?

Just now, browsetheweb said:

Yeah, got any suggestions for faster internet speed?

Ethernet?