Need Some Opinion on My PC

byalexandr

Quite a few of you know that I have recently put up my PC for sale, because I needed to pay for a car. A lot of you also understand that my PC is very dear to me and probably one of my most prized possessions, which is why many of you disagreed with my decision to sell despite how badly I need a car (some also insisted that I would be losing money in the long run which is also true).

But regardless, I had sold it on eBay the other day. Fast forward to today, and the buyer wanted to back out for some reasons I won't go into (nothing about the PC, just personal reasons). So now I still have my PC, but I also still have no money to pay for a car currently. I do have a job but I only work weekends due to school and I only receive a pay check every other week, so just doing that would take a long time to save up enough.

But also recently, I was placed as Lot #2 (Reserve Grand Champion) in my county's art auction (I am in art class for school, and the art is Western themed), so I will be getting quite the sum of money come this next Saturday (September 24th). I don't know how much (as it is an auction) but it could easily be, and probably will be well into the thousands of dollars, and the artist receives 93% of the money. The only downside is that I have to wait some time before I receive the money (even if the auction is in a week, the cashier's check doesn't come for a while for some odd reason), no later than early November. I do get quite a bit of money though. But I also desperately need a car now, I don't like asking my friend for rides to and from school as much as he's okay with it.

So I have the choice of selling my PC again (which will still not amount to enough to buy the car, but will bring me closer), or just keeping it and continuing to use it daily as I've done for the past few years now (upgrading it along the way of course).

Either way has it's downsides, if I keep my PC I won't be getting a completely new one down the line as a replacement, but if I sell I would only have my laptop until I get said new PC. Plus I lose the years of work I've put into it, I mean it does have a lot of memorabilia in it.  And either way I'd still need a lot more money on top of the money from the PC to actually get the car I want/need.

Another option is to get my project car running but I think that's off the table. In fact I was planning on selling it as well to help with the money situation.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I will probably get some questions about my artwork so here it is:

post-2597-0-95051600-1452222093_thumb 1.jpg

(very low res sorry)

Will this said money from said art auction be enough to get you a new PC after you get the car?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

But also recently, I was placed as Lot #2 (Reserve Grand Champion) in my county's art auction (I am in art class for school, and the art is Western themed)

Have you not heard of the term "starving artist"? Your future is predetermined. Just live with it. :P

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Will this said money from said art auction be enough to get you a new PC after you get the car?

Most definitely, but I can probably either get an even nicer car than the one I'm getting or I can pay off my parents since I owe them quite a lot for some other stuff (I don't have to pay them but I still want to, they are paying my college tuition after all).

I was more planning on saving my pay checks after I get a car to pay for the PC, I can definitely wait a couple months while those add up, and I think $1500 or so would get a really nice PC.

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

Have you not heard of the term "starving artist"? Your future is predetermined. Just live with it. :P

I'm going to major in mechanical engineering, art is just a hobby of mine, I can't imagine having a career in something that unstable and varied. I'm only 17 after all.

Anyway I'm just focusing on the 'now' part. I don't really think that selling my PC will actually get me that much closer to paying for the car so I'm starting to doubt my idea of selling it in the first place. The auction should be more than enough to pay for it anyhow.

A car has quite a bit of running costs. So you will have less of said pay check : D

I would really think about what is necessary for you. If you 'just' need your PC for gaming

and non of your collage work or your artsy stuff relies on it, you could sell it, if you get something

that will aid you in what you try to accomplish : D 

1 minute ago, adm0n said:

A car has quite a bit of running costs. So you will have less of said pay check : D

I would really think about what is necessary for you. If you 'just' need your PC for gaming

and non of your collage work or your artsy stuff relies on it, you could sell it, if you get something

that will aid you in what you try to accomplish : D 

That's not really a problem. My parents pay my insurance costs and most of the time they let me fill up with their card.

I tried using only my new laptop, it's definitely not a gaming machine but it gets my work done. My PC is much more efficient at this though, I'm just so much faster with multiple monitors and a proper mechanical keyboard and stuff. It's definitely not a necessity but my PC has made my life a lot easier over the years. Nothing wrong with my laptop though, it's very fast, it just has a small screen and all, a bit harder to work on.

The other problem with selling, which I'm realizing now, won't get me near what I need. I mean it will bring me closer, but it's only half of the $2K that I need. Selling would only bring me to $1K and my project car isn't worth another $1K. So there's that as well, I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier.