GTX 1070 or 1060

Divu Kels

Ok, so.. While I have been putting togeather my build for my upgrade im planning I got to thinking. I am considering instead of buying a RX 470 or 480 a GTX 1060 or 1070... which would mean I would have to save longer for the Intel parts for my upgrade as well... in the mean time I am running an A8-7670k Godavari on a ASUS A88X-Gamer with 16gb of ddr3 and a R3 Radeon SSD... would the 1060  or 1070 cause more problems then good if I got it first  before upgrading this system? I am currently on my intergrated R7 7670k. 

Problems? The only thing that comes to mind is bottlenecking.

Just now, HydraGaming said:

Problems? The only thing that comes to mind is bottlenecking.

Thats the problem I was thinking of, how bad it might be. I have my A8 overclocked to 4.2ghz.

1 minute ago, Divu Kels said:

Thats the problem I was thinking of, how bad it might be. I have my A8 overclocked to 4.2ghz.

I can imagine it to be pretty severe.

CPU bottleneck is not good and will lead to choppy gameplay but v-sync should fix that. 

If you are looking for a new monitor aswell i would get the RX 480 since freesync is cheaper. GTX 1070 performance is nice but not a requirement, you'll be able to play the same games. 

1 minute ago, SlyTroopah said:

There is nothing you can do to that processor that wont make it a bottleneck. Get a 1060 and i5 6600k.

Yep, the 6600k was just recomended as well by someone I have changed my build to work around with that for my future upgrade and the 1060 6gb.

Just now, Divu Kels said:

Yep, the 6600k was just recomended as well by someone I have changed my build to work around with that for my future upgrade and the 1060 6gb.

Yeah, also you have a possible future upgrade with the m.2 slot. ITS SOO FASTTTT XD.

2 minutes ago, SlyTroopah said:

Yeah, also you have a possible future upgrade with the m.2 slot. ITS SOO FASTTTT XD.

Asrock Z170A Pro4S is what im currently looking at