LG G5 or LG V10? A hard decision to make!

KJkalskinov

Hello. I would like to know which one is the best,G5 or the V10.Personally I like big phones but I can work with 5.3 inch display. I know G5 in terms of performance on paper is definetlely powerful than V10 but I am not sure of real world performance of both devices.

I would just like to read non biased reviews from respective owners before I make a purchase. And no I live somewhere where Verizon,AT&t and others networks do not exist so thaht means I can not take a live demo for either of the stated phones.

Does it have to be one of those 2?

but if so I would go for the g5 since its a flagship phone and will most likley be supported longer (software)

g5

I just purchased a v10 about 2 weeks ago, and overall the performance has been buttery smooth. it has been updated to marshmallow, and the fingerprint scanner is extremely fast. The steel rails and rubber backing are extremely confidence inspiring and make me feel like the phone will be able to take a couple of falls. The second screen is actually quite useful for quick access to the camera and flashlight features and doesn't hurt the battery life at all when left always on from my experience. And to top it all off, the 64 GB of storage, which comes standard, will last you a very long time, I have all of my main apps installed and a large number of games, and I still have almost 30 GB free, and the sd card slot is there if you need it.

These are my experiences with the phone after getting a sorely needed upgrade from my aging G3.

1 hour ago, potatoproduction said:

Does it have to be one of those 2?

but if so I would go for the g5 since its a flagship phone and will most likley be supported longer (software)

Welp,hoenstly I do not know any other good phones. I despise Samsung because of their bad software and its way too much expensive here.Oneplus 3 is non existent here.

46 minutes ago, Natsugami said:

I just purchased a v10 about 2 weeks ago, and overall the performance has been buttery smooth. it has been updated to marshmallow, and the fingerprint scanner is extremely fast. The steel rails and rubber backing are extremely confidence inspiring and make me feel like the phone will be able to take a couple of falls. The second screen is actually quite useful for quick access to the camera and flashlight features and doesn't hurt the battery life at all when left always on from my experience. And to top it all off, the 64 GB of storage, which comes standard, will last you a very long time, I have all of my main apps installed and a large number of games, and I still have almost 30 GB free, and the sd card slot is there if you need it.

These are my experiences with the phone after getting a sorely needed upgrade from my aging G3.

Currently I am using G3 running Kitkat. I would like to know more about V10.

• Does it lags during normal usage?
  • Does it becomes slow after installtion of many applications?
  • How much on screen time do you get with normal use?(Chatting,Reading,Accessing Web using WiFi)
  • How much fast is the fingerprint scanner now? Does it takes less than 1 second to recognize?
  • Does it gets hot during normal operation?

16 minutes ago, KJkalskinov said:

Currently I am using G3 running Kitkat. I would like to know more about V10.

• Does it lags during normal usage?
  • Does it becomes slow after installtion of many applications?
  • How much on screen time do you get with normal use?(Chatting,Reading,Accessing Web using WiFi)
  • How much fast is the fingerprint scanner now? Does it takes less than 1 second to recognize?
  • Does it gets hot during normal operation?

during normal use, I have yet to see any lag, and I have a good number of large games installed such as gta VC and CTW, hearthstone, Goat simulator and pocket mortys, all of which experience no lag.

I can get roughly 3.5-4 hours of screen on time with normal use, usually revolving around facebook, youtube, tumblr, online shopping and web browsing.

In terms of the fingerpring scanner, from pressing the power button, placing my finger on the sensor, and it finally unlocking, it takes just about 1 second, and most of that time is just the screen turning on, once its on, its practically instant.

in terms of temps, as i'm feeling it right now after using it for some youtube videos, it just got barely noticeably warmer, the only time it actually does get warm, is when in use with a fast charger.

3 minutes ago, Natsugami said:

during normal use, I have yet to see any lag, and I have a good number of large games installed such as gta VC and CTW, hearthstone, Goat simulator and pocket mortys, all of which experience no lag.

I can get roughly 3.5-4 hours of screen on time with normal use, usually revolving around facebook, youtube, tumblr, online shopping and web browsing.

In terms of the fingerpring scanner, from pressing the power button, placing my finger on the sensor, and it finally unlocking, it takes just about 1 second, and most of that time is just the screen turning on, once its on, its practically instant.

in terms of temps, as i'm feeling it right now after using it for some youtube videos, it just got barely noticeably warmer, the only time it actually does get warm, is when in use with a fast charger.

So what do you say about future proofing? Technically it is not faster than G5.

2 minutes ago, KJkalskinov said:

So what do you say about future proofing? Technically it is not faster than G5.

I believe the snapdragon 808 with 4 GB of still has a pretty good life ahead of it for the next 2 years, and assuming LG will give the V10 (their fall flagship) the same treatment they would give their spring flagship (G3, G4, and G5) I would imagine that this phone will be supported up until next year in terms of software updates so it will most likely recieve android 7.0

1 minute ago, Natsugami said:

I believe the snapdragon 808 with 4 GB of still has a pretty good life ahead of it for the next 2 years, and assuming LG will give the V10 (their fall flagship) the same treatment they would give their spring flagship (G3, G4, and G5) I would imagine that this phone will be supported up until next year in terms of software updates so it will most likely recieve android 7.0

If I were to choose LG G5,would you stop me from buying it considering your opinion stated above?

Absolutely not, there are very good reasons to purchase the G5, some of which being, a newer, faster, more efficient processor, a newer device, so it is guaranteed an update to nougat, the modularity, if you plan to take advatage of that, the dual camera sensors, for a better picture taking experience, and the smaller footprint which in my opinion is the sweet spot in terms of phone screen sizes. 

I just wanted to give you some of my first hand experiences with the V10 to help in your decision making because I was in a similar situation of choosing between these phones, but ultimately price won and I went with the V10 because I buy my phones unlocked and can't afford a long term agreement.

6 minutes ago, Natsugami said:

Absolutely not, there are very good reasons to purchase the G5, some of which being, a newer, faster, more efficient processor, a newer device, so it is guaranteed an update to nougat, the modularity, if you plan to take advatage of that, the dual camera sensors, for a better picture taking experience, and the smaller footprint which in my opinion is the sweet spot in terms of phone screen sizes. 

I just wanted to give you some of my first hand experiences with the V10 to help in your decision making because I was in a similar situation of choosing between these phones, but ultimately price won and I went with the V10 because I buy my phones unlocked and can't afford a long term agreement.

Thank you for your help!

1 hour ago, KJkalskinov said:

Thank you for your help!

No problem at all.