Laptop Question

I Was thinking of getting this laptop (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234297&cm_re=asus_gl502vs-_-34-234-297-_-Product) for college and gaming, i just need to know if it will last for 5-7 years, i will use it to play CS, Rocket league and COD4 as well as blops 2 and cod4 remastered

Yeah, it'll last (obviously depending on workload).  For the games you are playing it should last 5 to 7 years.  Obviously the battery will probably lose it's charge by that time and you'd have to replace that part.  Otherwise, it will last that long.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Yeah, it'll last (obviously depending on workload).  For the games you are playing it should last 5 to 7 years.  Obviously the battery will probably lose it's charge by that time and you'd have to replace that part.  Otherwise, it will last that long.  

thanks!! I just want to try to clear up a myth that i have heard, is the HQ skew is a really that much worse of a processor than a 6700k?

1 minute ago, null_faun4 said:

thanks!! I just want to try to clear up a myth that i have heard, is the HQ skew is a really that much worse of a processor than a 6700k?

Well, you're comparing a laptop processor to a desktop processor. Don't let the numbers fool you into thinking they're supposed to be equivalent.

Just now, null_faun4 said:

thanks!! I just want to try to clear up a myth, i have heard, is the HQ skew is a really that much worse of a processor than a 6700k?

Well I mean, it's a mobile CPU vs Intel's top of the line consumer CPU.  Of course it's not going to perform on par.  (Just like how the 980m doesn't perform on par with a 980).

Yes, the 6700k kicks the 6700HQ's ass.  But then again, I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't.  I wouldn't worry to much though.  It's not like it's a bad CPU.  Especially for mobile.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.