Budget Build $900

Flamefury7503

Hey, This is my first realistic parts build for a budget PC that I can afford(kinda :) ). I included a parts list and why I choose the parts.

Parts List: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FWV9r7

Reasons:

CPU: I went for The AMD FX-6300 over something from the FX-8300 series (FX-8300, 8320, 8350), because after some resaerch I found that with some simple overclocking the FX-6300 can reach equal clock speeds and is $100 dollars cheaper than the 8300 series.

CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 evo, cheap and good reviews, from what I have read it seems like it will do the job. (if you have some other recommendation please tell me)

Motherboard: I am not too experience in the tech world, but after checking compatibility and bang for the buck in terms of i/o and ability I choose the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P. If I am missing some key fact on how to choose motherboards, please let me know.

Ram: Kingston HyperX fury 1x 8gb is pretty price effective and with only one stick it opens up for expansions later on.

Storage: Got a samsung 250gb 750 evo, it had really good reviews, and I don't mind putting the investment to get the better boot time and such. For more general storage I choose the WD caviar blue 1tb.

GPU: I was stuck here for quite a while but after watching way too many benchmarks, I choose the EVGA GTX 1060 SC over the RX 480, just because of the shortage on the RX gpu and the lower temps from the GTX. (I splurged here so I could future-proof this build for longer. I could be wrong here, but after reading about some driver changes for these latest gpu's, I realized it would be probably be smarter to choose a new gen graphics card.)

Case: I went for a NZXT S340, cause it looks nice and is fairly cheap. I don't really know much about other budget cases, so I think this case should allow me to expand in the future.

PSU: This is probably the part that I had to research the most about. The rating system was confusing me for a while, as well as what wattage to choose but after looking at some forums and other places, I choose the Corsair CSM 650W 80+ gold semi-modular.

This would be for gaming and game design, I am really into using unreal engine and even more into games like witcher 3, LOL, and other popular games.

I have all the other peripherals(keyboard, mouse, etc.) and I will be using one (possible two, but its unlikely) cheaper monitor that is about 3 years old. (I don't mind though lol)

Thank you for you input and help,

Flame (A hopefully first time builder) 

Instead of the fx-6300 I highly recommend spending the extra money on a skylake i3 only because with the intel chip there is an upgrade path. FX-6300 is a good CPU dont get me wrong I had one and used it well however at this point in time it is honestly a death wish for it will be absolutely useless here soon. I know it says its a 6 core CPU but in reality it is not and the i3 does better overall.  

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/c7NHGf
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/c7NHGf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($38.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($259.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $913.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-15 13:56 EDT-0400

Made some change to ur list.

1. Waaaaay better CPU. Do not go for the old fx series CPU. They are purely bad. Even a duo core i3 with hyperthreading beat fx6300. And with the more efficient CPU you can save some on the PSU.

2. Way to save some money, you can search a way to buy win10 on cheap and totally legit. (reddit, kinguin etc.) cost 30usd.

3.if you are up for my suggestion, you can use the saved money from os to get a better SSD like 850 EVO.

Like the previous posters said you should either go Intel or wait for Zen. Suck to 'dump' money into something that is not upgradeable.

Like others I would suggest Intel.

An i5 can fit in the budget.

A 2x4GB memory kit is marginally better than 1x8GB as it provides dual channel operation. One simply needs to pick a motherboard with 4 memory slots to allow for upgrading.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($73.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($37.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($259.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $884.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-15 14:08 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks for the input I will probably go for go for the more expensive build, just because I really like my S340 case, but thanks for the input guys.

18 hours ago, Flamefury7503 said:

Hey, This is my first realistic parts build for a budget PC that I can afford(kinda :) ). I included a parts list and why I choose the parts.

Parts List: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FWV9r7

Reasons:

CPU: I went for The AMD FX-6300 over something from the FX-8300 series (FX-8300, 8320, 8350), because after some resaerch I found that with some simple overclocking the FX-6300 can reach equal clock speeds and is $100 dollars cheaper than the 8300 series.

CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 evo, cheap and good reviews, from what I have read it seems like it will do the job. (if you have some other recommendation please tell me)

Motherboard: I am not too experience in the tech world, but after checking compatibility and bang for the buck in terms of i/o and ability I choose the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P. If I am missing some key fact on how to choose motherboards, please let me know.

Ram: Kingston HyperX fury 1x 8gb is pretty price effective and with only one stick it opens up for expansions later on.

Storage: Got a samsung 250gb 750 evo, it had really good reviews, and I don't mind putting the investment to get the better boot time and such. For more general storage I choose the WD caviar blue 1tb.

GPU: I was stuck here for quite a while but after watching way too many benchmarks, I choose the EVGA GTX 1060 SC over the RX 480, just because of the shortage on the RX gpu and the lower temps from the GTX. (I splurged here so I could future-proof this build for longer. I could be wrong here, but after reading about some driver changes for these latest gpu's, I realized it would be probably be smarter to choose a new gen graphics card.)

Case: I went for a NZXT S340, cause it looks nice and is fairly cheap. I don't really know much about other budget cases, so I think this case should allow me to expand in the future.

PSU: This is probably the part that I had to research the most about. The rating system was confusing me for a while, as well as what wattage to choose but after looking at some forums and other places, I choose the Corsair CSM 650W 80+ gold semi-modular.

This would be for gaming and game design, I am really into using unreal engine and even more into games like witcher 3, LOL, and other popular games.

I have all the other peripherals(keyboard, mouse, etc.) and I will be using one (possible two, but its unlikely) cheaper monitor that is about 3 years old. (I don't mind though lol)

Thank you for you input and help,

Flame (A hopefully first time builder) 

Here is my recommended computer build.

I picked out a solid Intel Skylake processor and built the system around this processor.

A far more powerful computer build than the one you originally had suggested.

The 8 GB Radeon RX 480 was picked for this computer build. Sapphire makes one of the better graphics cards on the market. You can't go wrong with Sapphire.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.88 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($43.53 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($104.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Transcend SSD370 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($53.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card  ($284.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $896.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-16 08:42 EDT-0400

Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio