New Pc

Trisor

Hello guys 

I made a topic 2-3 months ago about a new PC i wanted to build ! Well since AMD Zen and Intel Kaby lake are about to show up I changed my plans a bit!

Anyway also I passed exams and I will be going to study computer engineering and I will be letting my old pc back home for my parents to use!

My budget will be around 1300 euros keep in mind that I live in Greece and prices are a little bit higher than USA for example you can buy an MSI GTX 1060 GamingX for 339 USD(300 euros) on amazon but it costs like 400 euros on Greece!
Anyway the build i was thinking is:
Case: I was going for Corsair carbide 400c but then I saw NZXT S340 and I cannot really deside which one to take 400C has a nice big window and a handle to open it but S340 is on the same caliber and its 30euros cheaper(also i am making a white/black/red build)
Motherboard:I was going Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3 but since new gen is here i would like to keep the color same as this one and find one on this price range
CPU:Well I was going for i5 6600K but I will probably get and i5 of 7th gen(Btw I used to have an FX 8350 and its really loud and hot even thought i have him water cooled with Zalman CNPS20LQ)
SSD: Probably going for OCZ Trion 240 heard some good things about this one and its white 
HDD: I have a WD blue 600 and i will probably use him again 
GPU: I am going for Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 I was originally going for RX480 but i am not pleased with my R9 270X toxic and i want to try Nvidia now
Ram: For Ram i am going for Gail super luce 16GB white with red LED its the only ram I found with LED let me know if you know any other brand 
PSU: Corsair SF 450 80Gold plus i think this is ok 

Well that's pretty much all the stuff I haven't done any research on my peripherals yet but i think CM ontane set will do the trick and ASUS 24 1080p monitor will be fine ! 
I wanna know guys what do you think about this build and suggest me any changes 
Thanks in advance

So I assuming you will be leaving home and study in university? If this is the case, I would suggest a smaller form factor like mATX or iTX. It will easier to handle. A mid tower takes a lot of space and harder to move around, expecially when you are buying 1060 which wont support SLI anyway.

All the new CPUs will be out in 2017 tho, at least tats what i heard. So, are you willingly to w8 that long?

I personally wouldn't wait on Kaby Lake unless you just want any of the new features (i.e. the 200 series chipsets). As it's essentially a refresh of Skylake, it probably won't have much IPC improvement, if any.

13 minutes ago, Trisor said:

Hello guys 

I made a topic 2-3 months ago about a new PC i wanted to build ! Well since AMD Zen and Intel Kaby lake are about to show up I changed my plans a bit!

Anyway also I passed exams and I will be going to study computer engineering and I will be letting my old pc back home for my parents to use!

My budget will be around 1300 euros keep in mind that I live in Greece and prices are a little bit higher than USA for example you can buy an MSI GTX 1060 GamingX for 339 USD(300 euros) on amazon but it costs like 400 euros on Greece!
Case: I was going for Corsair carbide 400c but then I saw NZXT S340 and I cannot really deside which one to take 400C has a nice big window and a handle to open it but S340 is on the same caliber and its 30euros cheaper(also i am making a white/black/red build)
Motherboard:I was going Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3 but since new gen is here i would like to keep the color same as this one and find one on this price range
CPU:Well I was going for i5 6600K but I will probably get and i5 of 7th gen(Btw I used to have an FX 8350 and its really loud and hot even thought i have him water cooled with Zalman CNPS20LQ)
SSD: Probably going for OCZ Trion 240 heard some good things about this one and its white 
GPU: I am going for Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 I was originally going for RX480 but i am not pleased with my R9 270X toxic and i want to try Nvidia now
Ram: For Ram i am going for Gail super luce 16GB white with red LED its the only ram I found with LED let me know if you know any other brand 

Well that's pretty much all the stuff I haven't done any research on my peripherals yet but i think CM ontane set will do the trick and ASUS 24 1080p monitor will be fine ! 
Thanks in advance

Try finding Avixer Core. It looks really cool.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Save up a little more for the 1070.

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

29 minutes ago, Trisor said:

Hello guys 

Thanks in advance

Looks like a great build, if you want aesthetics, I vote for you to get the Anidees AI-Crystal, I know it's expensive but it's nice.

37 minutes ago, Trisor said:

Hello guys 

Thanks in advance

Here is my recommended computer build. 

All parts are of high quality and can be purchased from Amazon Italia. They will ship to Greece.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€233.39 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler  (€48.56 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€115.68 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€108.55 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Transcend SSD370 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€98.11 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€49.90 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Xtreme Gaming Video Card  (€351.67 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  (€63.30 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€98.97 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €1168.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-15 16:54 CEST+0200

Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Try finding Avixer Core. It looks really cool.

I cant find them on Greece thought they look really nice

3 hours ago, Devin92 said:

So I assuming you will be leaving home and study in university? If this is the case, I would suggest a smaller form factor like mATX or iTX. It will easier to handle. A mid tower takes a lot of space and harder to move around, expecially when you are buying 1060 which wont support SLI anyway.

All the new CPUs will be out in 2017 tho, at least tats what i heard. So, are you willingly to w8 that long?

Well i really dont have a problem if they are worth the wait

3 minutes ago, Trisor said:

Well i really dont have a problem if they are worth the wait

I dont think there are confirmed source saying they are huge performance improvment. Zen as showed b4 has same or worse performance than "broadwell" (speculation), and kabylake is seems to be skylake  with slight improvment. So I wont say they are worth the wait in my own point of view.

If you have waited for 2-3 month and wont mind waiting another 4-5 then sure. it will be more powerful for sure, just a question of how much.

50 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

I dont think there are confirmed source saying they are huge performance improvment. Zen as showed b4 has same or worse performance than "broadwell" (speculation), and kabylake is seems to be skylake  with slight improvment. So I wont say they are worth the wait in my own point of view.

If you have waited for 2-3 month and wont mind waiting another 4-5 then sure. it will be more powerful for sure, just a question of how much.

so they are going to release them after February ? I thought they will release them around octomber to december!

all is rumors. both company havent release any official statement. zen is some where 2017 1st quater, dont know abt kabylake tho.

4 hours ago, CodenameScorpion said:

Looks like a great build, if you want aesthetics, I vote for you to get the Anidees AI-Crystal, I know it's expensive but it's nice.

It is a really nice case mate but it costs 160 euros double price of NZXT S340

Just now, Trisor said:

It is a really nice case mate but it costs 160 euros double price of NZXT S340

So I should build a skylake ? well 4-5 months are a lot I was hoping around 1-2 more !

5 minutes ago, Trisor said:

So I should build a skylake ? well 4-5 months are a lot I was hoping around 1-2 more !

my suggestion is go for the 6700k. the upgrade from 4690k to 6700k is not really worth and i am speculating kaby will be the same. 6700k its a very capable cpu and can easily last you for 4 - 5 years with no major bottle necking. Zen is most likely in 2017 Feb so, not worth waiting but dont come back to me and beat me to death if kaby is realsed b4 2017 ><''.

39 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

my suggestion is go for the 6700k. the upgrade from 4690k to 6700k is not really worth and i am speculating kaby will be the same. 6700k its a very capable cpu and can easily last you for 4 - 5 years with no major bottle necking. Zen is most likely in 2017 Feb so, not worth waiting but dont come back to me and beat me to death if kaby is realsed b4 2017 ><''.

Is zen actually even worth ? because my FX 8350 is not that good ! actually I am not that satisfied! should I wait until mid october for kaby lake ?

Just now, Trisor said:

Is zen actually even worth ? because my FX 8350 is not that good ! actually I am not that satisfied! should I wait until mid october for kaby lake ?

i guess you can w8 a bit to see if theres further info abt kaby. zen is set to be 2017 1st quarter for sure.

fx series is not gd. thats a well known fact now. Zen said to boost the single core performance by 40% from fx. they recently release a demonstration showing the new top of line zen 6 core cpu with hyperthreading go head to head with a 6 core intel cpu (assuming to be broadwell, tho they didnt specify)  at 3Ghz frequency. The freq is very low but its a engineering modal and ppl speculate it will go higher when released, but ask a crystal ball to make sure :P all in all, zen so far has demonstrated a very strong future but still take it with a grain of salt.

kaby lake is speculated to have 10-12% improvement over skylake but again no one knows for sure.

3 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

i guess you can w8 a bit to see if theres further info abt kaby. zen is set to be 2017 1st quarter for sure.

fx series is not gd. thats a well known fact now. Zen said to boost the single core performance by 40% from fx. they recently release a demonstration showing the new top of line zen 6 core cpu with hyperthreading go head to head with a 6 core intel cpu (assuming to be broadwell, tho they didnt specify)  at 3Ghz frequency. The freq is very low but its a engineering modal and ppl speculate it will go higher when released, but ask a crystal ball to make sure :P all in all, zen so far has demonstrated a very strong future but still take it with a grain of salt.

kaby lake is speculated to have 10-12% improvement over skylake but again no one knows for sure.

Well if its 10-12% then I will w8 a bit longer and maybe get some money to get GTX 1070 probably go for Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 8GB G1 Gaming! I will give them a month or so ! I think it is actually worth ! Will a 450 PSU be ok ? or will I need something bigger?

Just now, Trisor said:

Well if its 10-12% then I will w8 a bit longer and maybe get some money to get GTX 1070 probably go for Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 8GB G1 Gaming! I will give them a month or so ! I think it is actually worth ! Will a 450 PSU be ok ? or will I need something bigger?

tat depend on the tdp of kaby.... really hard to say now.  but 6700k+1070 will be enough. 6700k is abt 100w and 1070 is 160w. just make sure its a good quality one, SF from cosair is good.

Just now, Devin92 said:

tat depend on the tdp of kaby.... really hard to say now.  but 6700k+1070 will be enough. 6700k is abt 100w and 1070 is 160w. just make sure its a good quality one, SF from cosair is good.

Yep I was going to keep this one ! its really good and i like it it is full modular too so i guess cable managment will be good enough!

BTW guys does anyone have to suggest something better than CM octane ? also I forgot to metion the headphones!