Computer in a restart loop

I have a 4790k no oc, Gigabyte Z97X gaming 3 mobo, 16gb ram 2x8gb, Zotac GTX 970, Corsair HX750 PSU So far no issues till tonite and now its in a restart loop with no bios screen. i can see the screen getting a signal and a mouse pointer pop up for a milasec then off again. When i turn it on it starts for about 3 secs then shuts off the restarts for about 10 secs the off again. When i remove the ram nothing changes. No beeps no nothing the only thing that changes is i don't see the mouse pointer for a millasec. Hope its not my CPU i think it might be PSU or RAM. I have cleared the Cmos to. I also removed every other power cable i could and unplugged everything i can from the mobo and nothing. i cleaned and reseat the cmos batt and reseated the ram and cpu. took out the GPU and tried 1 ram chip at a time nothing changes. I am gonna try another PSU and ram tomorrow. God i hope its not the CPU. sorry for any info left out or spelling im tired.

Good news, its not the CPU. The PC would not start without it (though I have to confess, my experience is limited to AMD builds,not Intel, but the principal should be the same, no CPU, no brain, so no start).

You haven't made it clear if you see POST (a list of HDD's DVD player etc), with the customary 'Press Del (F1/F2 etc) for BIOS. Is the mouse pointer appearing during/after post, or on windows start?

Also, looking at your MoBo, it's got integrated graphics, right?

Advice to be getting on with; disconnect everything. Leave no SATA cables or other cards plugged in your MoBo! Nothing! Leave only the CPU (with cooler firmly in place & the cooler fan on!), RAM & connected. If your MoBo has on-board GPU, disconnect your GTX 970 too, and connect a DVI/HDMI cable to your MoBo connections.

Then re-set BIOS again (your MoBo has dual BIOS, that's good but you don't need it, yet!).

Now, if you can get into BIOS (UEFI) its one of your HDDs or GPU or other cards that have a problem. Add them back attach one at a time, until you find the offending device.

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Good news, its not the CPU. The PC would not start without it (though I have to confess, my experience is limited to AMD builds,not Intel, but the principal should be the same, no CPU, no brain, so no start).

You haven't made it clear if you see POST (a list of HDD's DVD player etc), with the customary 'Press Del (F1/F2 etc) for BIOS. Is the mouse pointer appearing during/after post, or on windows start?

Also, looking at your MoBo, it's got integrated graphics, right?

Advice to be getting on with; disconnect everything. Leave no SATA cables or other cards plugged in your MoBo! Nothing! Leave only the CPU (with cooler firmly in place & the cooler fan on!), RAM & connected. If your MoBo has on-board GPU, disconnect your GTX 970 too, and connect a DVI/HDMI cable to your MoBo connections.

Then re-set BIOS again (your MoBo has dual BIOS, that's good but you don't need it, yet!).

Now, if you can get into BIOS (UEFI) its one of your HDDs or GPU or other cards that have a problem. Add them back attach one at a time, until you find the offending device.

I have done all that nothing but the cpu cooler ram and psu is connected and it never gets to a bios screen no splash nothing just a black screen with a flash of a mouse pointer then a restart. The CPU has integrated graphics but not the mobo. Thats how Intel works now. When i remove the ram nothing happens any diff accept the mouse pointer flash no longer appears.

16 minutes ago, ChiefGunny said:

The CPU has integrated graphics but not the mobo.

Have you got that the right way around? The I7 doesn't have GPU, & you say you have an I7 4790K? I am aware there is no GPU on the CPU chip, but some MoBos have a cheap GPU chip on the MoBo, as your MoBo has both DVI & HDMI outputs according to Gigabytes webpage. Unless those outputs only work with I3/I5 chips?

Not that it really matters. If you can't get to POST with only the CPU, RAM & GPU, you have found your problem. It's not the CPU as it powers up (albeit briefly) and as it displays something (again, albeit briefly). Its not the GPU for the same reason. So it's the MoBo (or RAM). Can you check out your RAM at a friends if you don't have a second PC you can test on? Its also not the PSU as it wouldn't power on (there is no such thing as a PSU that allows a little electricity through, then decides to stop, unless you have a short).

See what others come back to you with, but I reckon (not very scientific I know, sorry) you will be shopping for a new MoBo! That of course assumes that you have no shorts anywhere (coming on and then almost instantly cutting out is something you would see when the MooBo is touching the metal of the case somewhere, creating a short circuit), so that's worth checking all your risers are in the right place too!

6 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Have you got that the right way around? The I7 doesn't have GPU, & you say you have an I7 4790K? I am aware there is no GPU on the CPU chip, but some MoBos have a cheap GPU chip on the MoBo, as your MoBo has both DVI & HDMI outputs according to Gigabytes webpage. Unless those outputs only work with I3/I5 chips?

Not that it really matters. If you can't get to POST with only the CPU, RAM & GPU, you have found your problem. It's not the CPU as it powers up (albeit briefly) and as it displays something (again, albeit briefly). Its not the GPU for the same reason. So it's the MoBo (or RAM). Can you check out your RAM at a friends if you don't have a second PC you can test on? Its also not the PSU as it wouldn't power on (there is no such thing as a PSU that allows a little electricity through, then decides to stop, unless you have a short).

See what others come back to you with, but I reckon (not very scientific I know, sorry) you will be shopping for a new MoBo! That of course assumes that you have no shorts anywhere (coming on and then almost instantly cutting out is something you would see when the MooBo is touching the metal of the case somewhere, creating a short circuit), so that's worth checking all your risers are in the right place too!

I am going to test the ram today and hope that's it. The I7-4790k has a HD4600 Graphics on the CPU its self all Intel chips do now. Here's a link to Intel's Ark Site for the specs. Thank you for all you help.  http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz

Well i tested the ram and psu and nothing does the same thing. So its Mobo or CPU i think its Mobo so I'm gonna buy a mobo/ How long are mobos warranted for? Mine is a Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3 had it for about almost 2 years.

16 minutes ago, ChiefGunny said:

Well i tested the ram and psu and nothing does the same thing. So its Mobo or CPU i think its Mobo so I'm gonna buy a mobo/ How long are mobos warranted for? Mine is a Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3 had it for about almost 2 years.

Double check connections and wires around the MB. Make sure there isn't a screw or something shorting out the MB.

6 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Double check connections and wires around the MB. Make sure there isn't a screw or something shorting out the MB.

Dang! I didn't even think about that cuz my son is always trying to drop stuff down the top 200mm fan so it's very possible. I didn't even think to check that but I will when I get back home. It will be a couple weeks, for now, I put everything I had the RAM, GPU and PSU in an old Phenom x6 T1055 I had laying around. I have lost over 25 to 30 fps but it works for now. I will check that ty