Any way to turn off a pwm fan?

Zhaopow
Go to solution Solved by straight_stewie,
15 minutes ago, Zhaopow said:

sadly fanspeed wont work cause i cant find my motherboard in its list of conifgs, havent found anyway to do it through software. im on an asus a68hm-k motherboard

Get a hardware fan controller. Do you have any empty 5.25" bays?

sadly fanspeed wont work cause i cant find my motherboard in its list of conifgs, havent found anyway to do it through software. im on an asus a68hm-k motherboard

Just now, Zhaopow said:

unplug it?

Just now, MagnusGrønstad said:

unplug it?

no shit sherlock. I asked this question because i obviously dont want to do that every time i stress my computer. 

Just now, Zhaopow said:

no shit sherlock. I asked this question because i obviously dont want to do that every time i stress my computer. 

well, if yer going to unplugg it everytime yer going to stress the computer, is there really a point in having the fan?

check the BIOS, should be under fan profiles when in EZ mode

15 minutes ago, Zhaopow said:

Get a hardware fan controller. Do you have any empty 5.25" bays?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 hours ago, Zhaopow said:

Ya i do, i think thats the way im going cause i see no other solution

It sounds to me like that's your only option. I prefer hardware fan controllers to software ones for case fans anyway. Even ones that aren't programmable: If I'm pushing my components, the fans are all the way on, otherwise, they are at their slowest setting.

Plus, some fan controllers can add to the aesthetics of a build, in my opinion. Which one are you looking at getting?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME