My LED Display looses its backlight after logging in to Windows 10

Hi, hope you could help me with my problem. 

I have this Acer TimelineX 4820TG with Windows 10 Build 10586.

Before upgrading to this build I was using the first RTM of windows 10...

My GPU (Radeon 5650) didn't work well after using Windows 10 for months so I decided to make it Intel GPU all the way (even after upgrading to build 10586). I hope I could fix this but I keep getting BSOD every time I boot with the Radeon GPU...

So lately, I noticed that the LED display started flickering after I log into windows 10 then the screen dies when I'm on the desktop (1 or 2 minutes after logging in). I dunno how to fix this but I just noticed this after reformating into 10586. Should I downgrade build versions? I'm a bit tired of fixing it and making backup files before reformatting os. Do you think upgrading to the latest build will fix this issue or maybe it's the screen's problem?

The DISPLAY works, only no backlight. I can still see thru the screen in bright surroundings. I am using a second monitor just to use this laptop for browsing and watching. 

thanks!

hope you could help me :(

2 minutes ago, Australian-n00b said:

Dumb question have you updated all drivers?

sorry if its dumb. but for the amd no since i disabled it to avoid the BSOD. the intel, yes. its an old laptop so trying to make a decision if its good to update it to the latest or might replace the screen?

as its a laptop my thinking is it maybe a  issue with its flat flex cable or data cable the monitor may use

even it could be the backlight its self could be the issue

how old is the laptop and how used is it?

i might give it a try opening the laptop, and will check upgrades soon. 

I have this since oct 2010 so almost 6 years. i use it most of the time but i rarely put it to maximum brightness.

Thanks for the advice though.

10 hours ago, Australian-n00b said:

I am thinking it could be your cable from laptop base to monitor with that age i have seen cables go even on old flip phones i have seen it happen

I guess it is the cable because when i made it like 160 degrees, the backlight lights up but disappears at around the standard viewing angle. Thanks!!