used hardware

i want to build a custom pc but budget is not the best thing for me does it matter if i use used hardware even the procesor ,vga, ram , motherboard or is it a risky move?

Buying used is usually the best way to go when you are on a budget. Just make sure all of your parts are compatible. If you shop on something like craigslist where you go to the seller, make sure to ask to see the parts working or test them out before you buy them. If it's on ebay, make sure you try to buy from trusted sellers and always keep both the sellers and ebay's return policies in mine when making your decision.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

5 minutes ago, Husin said:

i want to build a custom pc but budget is not the best thing for me does it matter if i use used hardware even the procesor ,vga, ram , motherboard or is it a risky move?

it CAN be risky, it really depends on what hardware you are choosing and how old.

I would never buy:

used SSDs 

used PSUs

On a small budget, definitely. Most of my pc was originally used hardware before i found better ways to earn money without a job(selling used pcs :P ) just don't buy used storage, very fragile and the data inside might be abit 'questionable'.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Personally when I buy used hardware, I try to avoid the 'stuff' that can be overclocked.  Usually you save money (ie: non-k CPU's usually are cheaper than "k" CPUs), and you have the benefit of the gear probably not having been previously overclocked and potentially damaged. 

Buying RAM and CPUs (especially non-overvoltable CPUs) used is safe.

Anything with a PCB that has dielectric capacitors on it somewhat less safe as those will dry out over time. I wouldn't worry if the parts are 2-3 years old, but past that, I'd think hard.

Storage drives... I'd actually say it's okay if the seller shows you a good SMART report of it before sale AND you're making backups or running RAID 1 or 5 or can afford to lose what you're storing on it.

As for PSUs, I've never heard of one catching fire, or killing other components, but I have seen 2 instances of a PSU frying itself and triggering the nearest circuit breaker upon being plugged in after a while of disuse. I'd consider buying one used if it was one of the really high-end ones with 5+ year warranty, but you don't see many of those being sold and when you do they're not cheap.

Thank you all of you for the informatiion seriously thank you