Anime Recommendation

RadiKamiki

What is your anime recommendation in this season?

I don't know what should I watch in this season...

Well what type of anime do you like in general?

tl;dr: out of them all if you're gonna pick just 3 to watch, I would suggest Alderamin on the Sky, Berserk and 91 Days. 3 very different and interesting animes. 

Here is what I'm currently watching from this season: 

- Mob Psycho 100:

It's like a comedy/action/supernatural, it's written by the same people as One Punch man, and the main character has some similarities but it's very different, the basic premise is that the main character 'Kageyama' is a 8th grader with psychic abilities, and he's very OP. 

- 91 Days: 

Little bit different to most anime's these days, it's action/drama and it's set in the time of prohibition and it's based on the mafia scene, the main character has a pretty in depth story, and he has a good objective which I wont spoil. But if you like anime's with a good story and if you like the mafia, this is a must watch!

- Tales of Zestiria the X:

Based off the game, the visuals/animation is AMAZING which is to be expected as it's made by ufotable (If you've ever seen Fate Stay Night UBW then you know they are good) It's a pretty typical anime/story, it's action/fantasy/adventure. I wont spoil it, but it could develop pretty well, the animation alone is enough to make it worth the watch, it has dragons, ruins and lots of mystical powers. (In addition there are 2/3 episodes which link into the new game Tales of Berseria which had some really good characters.)

- Berserk:

You've probably heard of the original Berserk? Or played Dark Souls games? It's pretty much just more of that. Some people hate on the animation style, but you quickly get over that and just enjoy all the blood and action. Basically Guts is back, and he isn't fucking about. 

- Taboo Tattoo:

Started off okay, quickly started to let me down, it's a action/super power anime where certain tattoo's give you certain powers, bit too much fan service for me, and the main character 'Seigi' just annoys me. BUT that being said, anyone who watched the latest episode will know that Seigi becomes a bit less annoying, but again wont spoil anything. 

- D.Gray-man Hallow:

Only watch this if you've watched the original D.Gray-man, otherwise it'll spoil things; you can go straight into it even though it's a direct continuation, but some things will remain confusing. And same with the 4 episode 'filler season' (although it isn't filler) of Nanatsu no Taizai. (As in only watch if you've watched the original content)

And lastly my favourite anime of the season! 

- Alderamin on the Sky (The Japanese name is: Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin )

This is a military/tactical action adventure with a small amount of fantasy. It's about a nation covered in war and the main character 'Ikta Solork' is a self proclaimed 'lazy scientist', he is lazy because he always finds the easiest way to finish a situation. He's a genius tactician, although he isn't some kind of high level military officer, he would rather read books and discover science. There are also some supporting mains which are great too, mainly 'Yatrisino Igsem' who is savage with her blades, they make a great duo, and the whole anime is very well done it's based off a light novel and the studio is Madhouse (The same people who did One Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, Hellsing ultimate ectect)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

okay, "Tales of Zestiria the X" and "Taboo Tattoo" entry in my playlist queue.

But is there any anime with robot?

such as "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096", "Aldnoah.Zero", or "Aquarion Logos"?

if not, related to mechanical like "Hundred"?

NB: but do not like "Terra Formars" related to insects (such as cockroaches, I was amused to see it) ...

(sorry i'm using GTranslate to write this, I don't know to write english natively..)

36 minutes ago, RadiKamiki said:

okay, "Tales of Zestiria the X" and "Taboo Tattoo" entry in my playlist queue.

But is there any anime with robot?

such as "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096", "Aldnoah.Zero", or "Aquarion Logos"?

if not, related to mechanical like "Hundred"?

NB: but do not like "Terra Formars" related to insects (such as cockroaches, I was amused to see it) ...

(sorry i'm using GTranslate to write this, I don't know to write english natively..)

There are two which are mecha, one's a second season though. "Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars" & "Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd"
I have not watched either, and I'm not really into Mecha anime's so I have no clue if they're good or not. But you can search them up. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I recommend Danganronpa. A great anime to get into, the first season is very short too so you wont get bored. I've only been watching it for a couple of weeks but it has been great so far. One thing you should look out for is that a lot of characters die and so it is important not to get too attached to any of them. Another great watch is Death Parade. I watched it quite a while ago but i think about it every now and then because of its great story line and memorable characters. Its a great watch because it is relatively short with lots of characters to enjoy and lots of ideas to speculate throughout the series. Both anime are very good in my opinion. I'm personally not a fan of long anime because I get bored quite easily and so I love to go from one anime to another weekly. This is also one of the reasons why Death Parade really stood out for me.

Another important consideration is the type of anime you are looking for because there are many different types, there are more serious anime and more light hearted lovey-dovey anime. You''ll have to decide yourself what kind you like more. When i first started watching anime a couple of years ago, I was much more entertained by the light hearted stuff which would leave you laughing and looking forward to the next episode where you knew something funny would happen. However, as I've continued to watch anime over time, I have had a certain desire for more serious anime with a much deeper meaning. From anime like Your Lie In April and Tokyo Ghoul, I prefer the anime now which really pulls on the heart strings and captures a sense of emotion so I'm wondering if anyone on here has any further recommendations for me. I'm looking for an extremely deep story which is very emotional, but not dragged out like a lot of other anime which i have previously watched (SAO and Naruto). Thanks, Patalayus.

5 hours ago, o0Martin said:

- D.Gray-man Hallow:

Only watch this if you've watched the original D.Gray-man, otherwise it's spoil things, you can go straight into it even though it's a direct continuation, and some things will remain confusing. And same with the 4 episode 'filler season' (although it isn't filler) of Nanatsu no Taizai. 

I just dont trust them after what they did to me before lol

58 minutes ago, Charger said:

I just dont trust them after what they did to me before lol

What did they do to you before lol? The long break? :o

43 minutes ago, o0Martin said:

What did they do to you before lol? The long break? :o

well I started watching the dub then the sub then moved to the manga and had to move to fan translated manga just to still end without knowing with the fuck happens lol

13 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

New getter robo, Zoids, Macross, quite a few from Go Nagai/look him up, Mobile Fighter  G Gundam is pretty good, tons of other Gundams like Wing and Seed.  There's also Big O.  Code Geass.  Here are a lot more!  http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/tags/mecha

hmm, I've watched several series of "Mobile Suit Gundam" like "Seed", "Seed Destiny", "G in Reconguista", "Build Fighters / Build Fighters Try", "Thunderbolt December Sky" and "Iron-Blooded Orphans ".
I also wait at the release of the second season of "Iron-Blooded Orphans".

However, about the "Macross" and "Zoids",  whether it has a lot of anime season?

Tales Of Zestiria the X, Shokugeki No Soma Ni No Sara (H scenes included so be aware of that), Tenkyou no Alderamin and Amamaa to Inazuma are what I would recommend

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

6 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

Tales Of Zestiria the X, Shokugeki No Soma Ni No Sara, Tenkyou no Alderamin and Amamaa to Inazuma are what I would recommend

I currently follow the anime "Shokugeki no Souma- Ni no Sara", because previously I've been following the first season.

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Zoids has like 3 different shows.  Macross, I never really watched much of myself.  Big O is really good if you like dark themed space operas.   Mobile Fighter G Gundam was my favorite then it would be Wing.

about "Mobile Fighter G Gundam", whether it is a different story with the anime "Mobile Suit Gundam" in general? is it the same as "Gundam Build Fighters Try" which is where the robot characters taken from previous Gundam series?

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Completely different  

Okay, I'll download tonight, for "Mobile Fighter G Gundam" and "Zoids" ... (time here now showing at 8.15pm)

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Only watch chatoic zoids and new century.

what about the other one? you said it "Zoids" has 3 different show.

14 hours ago, Patalayus said:

I recommend Danganronpa. A great anime to get into, the first season is very short too so you wont get bored. I've only been watching it for a couple of weeks but it has been great so far. One thing you should look out for is that a lot of characters die and so it is important not to get too attached to any of them. Another great watch is Death Parade. I watched it quite a while ago but i think about it every now and then because of its great story line and memorable characters. Its a great watch because it is relatively short with lots of characters to enjoy and lots of ideas to speculate throughout the series. Both anime are very good in my opinion. I'm personally not a fan of long anime because I get bored quite easily and so I love to go from one anime to another weekly. This is also one of the reasons why Death Parade really stood out for me.

Another important consideration is the type of anime you are looking for because there are many different types, there are more serious anime and more light hearted lovey-dovey anime. You''ll have to decide yourself what kind you like more. When i first started watching anime a couple of years ago, I was much more entertained by the light hearted stuff which would leave you laughing and looking forward to the next episode where you knew something funny would happen. However, as I've continued to watch anime over time, I have had a certain desire for more serious anime with a much deeper meaning. From anime like Your Lie In April and Tokyo Ghoul, I prefer the anime now which really pulls on the heart strings and captures a sense of emotion so I'm wondering if anyone on here has any further recommendations for me. I'm looking for an extremely deep story which is very emotional, but not dragged out like a lot of other anime which i have previously watched (SAO and Naruto). Thanks, Patalayus.

haha ... Patalayus, it looks like you much like myself ... like anime that just debuted in the season, and has the character to be remembered. as well as myself. I liked the first anime when I watch "Sword Art Online" and "Law of Ueki" ... that is where I began to find out what the current anime was victorious in the season. but a little different with you, I'm also looking for anime with the opening theme and ending theme is pretty cool. and darisanalah I found the Gundam series.

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The new one is bad.  The old ones are good.  Fuzors is bad.

bad in terms of what?

You can also look for old season's anime

I don't think summer 2016 is a great season 

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Just now, SeraphicWings said:

You can also look for old season's anime

I don't think summer 2016 is a great season 

this is what i've watched until this season ^^

Screenshot (145).png

1 minute ago, RadiKamiki said:

this is what i've watched until this season ^^

-snip-

I see lots of action/adventure animes

Is this your favorite? Then you should consider Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night UBW as well

5 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

I see lots of action/adventure animes

Is this your favorite? Then you should consider Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night UBW as well

hmm, actually there's more in my external hard drive. but that within that folder, most are action / adventure. By then I chose to follow the genre because there is no other choice when the season is being followed do not have the mecha genre.

however, if the anime between "Fate Zero", "Fate Stay Night," and "Fate / Kaleid" is one storyline or different?

2 minutes ago, RadiKamiki said:

hmm, actually there's more in my external hard drive. but that within that folder, most are action / adventure. By then I chose to follow the genre because there is no other choice when the season is being followed do not have the mecha genre.

however, if the anime between "Fate Zero", "Fate Stay Night," and "Fate / Kaleid" is one storyline or different?

Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night are on the same universe: FZ is set 10 years prior to FSN UBW

Fate Kaleid however is entirely different from the two although they have the same characters, it boasts a "Mahou Shoujo" theme

8 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night are on the same universe: FZ is set 10 years prior to FSN UBW

Fate Kaleid however is entirely different from the two although they have the same characters, it boasts a "Mahou Shoujo" theme

so I do not need to download "Fate Kaleid" because different storyline with FZ and FSN? hmm ... okay.
ahh, do you think "Days" good for the genre sport in this season?

1 minute ago, RadiKamiki said:

so I do not need to download "Fate Kaleid" because different storyline with FZ and FSN? hmm ... okay.
ahh, do you think "Days" good for the genre sport in this season?

I'm more into romcom and action adventure so I don't really know much about sport genre

Just now, RadiKamiki said:

so I do not need to download "Fate Kaleid" because different storyline with FZ and FSN? hmm ... okay

Fate Kaleid is very different, different story and style, but some same characters. 

Start with Fate/Zero, then watch Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's very important that you watch the Unlimited Blade Works version made by ufotable, and not the original Fate/Stay Night made by Studio Deen. 

47 minutes ago, RadiKamiki said:

I liked the first anime when I watch "Sword Art Online" and "Law of Ueki" ... that is where I began to find out what the current anime was victorious in the season.

Yeah I definitely feel like SAO was dragged out though despite being a fantastic anime for the first couple of seasons. I feel like the characters were very interesting and enthusiastic enough while not being too annoying. But as the seasons went on, I feel like it was dragged out too far. After watching the last episode of season 3 I was in a way 'glad' that is was over. Don't get me wrong though it was a great anime that I definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't watched it. But just note that it can be quite repetitive towards the end of the second season, and that the story line starts to become somewhat predictable.