PC randomly crashes?

ACuteTeddy

Hello there, I have been having an issue recently where my PC would randomly crash, like it lost power instead of blue screen or something. This only started recently after having to leave it on for a couple of days in a row, I was wondering if anyone could help me out to try and fix this issue. I suspect its something to do with the PSU but I do not know what to do about it. Thanks for any help!

Mine was doing this every time I started up anything like a movie or game. as soon as the GPU kicked in. turned out it was PSU. could be the Mobo though

you could be reaching your PSU Power Limit, so it turns the pc of to stop it from blowing or burning out ask other people as well though i could be wrong 

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

Just now, Utkarsh Amitabh Srivastava said:

Check if your CPU is overheating. There might be dust clogging the CPU heat sink, or the thermal paste needs to be replaced.

Also it can be power issues, try swapping power supply with another.

you should run into major performance issues before that as the CPU thermal throttles

Thank you for all the replies, just to add more detail, it happens either when I'm gaming or not and even when it is idle. My current temps idle are around 32 degrees C for CPU and 37 degrees C for the gpu. Please let me know if this gives any more indication that it may be the PSU failing. Also, my PSU is 750 W and with the set up I have there should be nowhere near enough to hit the power limit. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Utkarsh Amitabh Srivastava said:

Does your PC restart automatically after crashing?

Yes it does! 

3 hours ago, Utkarsh Amitabh Srivastava said:

I also had the same problem few months ago, after searching a lot, I found that one of my RAM sockets was somewhat damaged. Maybe you have the same issue. Try removing your RAM and reinserting it or inserting it into a different socket. This helped me.

Thankyou i shall try this later!