LG V20

Katsunaka

http://www.pcmag.com/review/347511/lg-v20

Linked above is one of many quick looks at the new LG V20. 

Quick features:

Snapdragon 820 CPU

4gb of RAM

64GB of on board storage

Expandable storage up to 2TB via MicroSD card

4 built in DACs

75 way fine tuning 

12mp camera along with 8mp 135 degree wide angle lens

5Mp front camera

USB C charging port

3200mah removable battery

First phone announced running Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box

Metal constructed body 

Whats everyones thoughts on the phone?  

Its aimed audiophiles and to be a Note 7 competitor. Release date is announced, but ive already adjusted my Note 7 order to hold out for this phone. 

Ill see if i can find the video, but it took a drop from well above a guys head to actually destroy the screen. But at around a 5ft drop, it took it and was able be unscathed. 

One thing to note, its NOT IP68 water resistant or any form of water resistant. 

Design is so ugly, so personally I'd skip it

But we will have to see its price first

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

37 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

Design is so ugly, so personally I'd skip it

But we will have to see its price first

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/mobile-phone/lg-v20-uk-release-date-lg-v20-uk-price-lg-v20-specs-lg-v20-confirmed-earphones-screen-photo-today-confirmed-3645159/

If that is true or even close, its saying 700 sim free. Its 150 cheaper for this over the Note 7. 

For me, the phones being tucked into an Otterbox when and if Otterbox makes one for this phone. I can forgive an ugly phone because my phones always end up in a case.  I look for the phones specs and not so much at its design. 

Plus the idea of my expensive phone without a case, scares me. Never once have i messed up a phone due to damage. Ive thrown my current G3 at concrete walls and when i pick it up its fine. 

My biggest beef with LG is the ugly skin that they put on their phones.  If they were closer to stock android with less bloatware, then I'd consider them.  I bought the Nexus 6P two months ago and fell in love with it's stock android OS and no bloatware.