Cannot install windows 7.

Gauzl
Go to solution Solved by Gauzl,

Never mind I got it working, I simply forgot to change the boot from the SSD to the optical drive.

I just put together a computer with a Asrock Z77 extreme 6, I7 3770K, SSD, HDD, 8GB ram and a 450w power supply. When I got to the last step if the installation, I get an error saying windows could install on this system. And everytime I try rebooting the PC I get this message, "Windiws could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation", However it is not letting me restart the installation since this message just pops up everytime.

I would restart the installation again (Read the Using the Custom installation option and formatting the hard disk option): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

There could be a chance that your windows installation disk is corrupted.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I had this happen with a faulty WD Caviar Black drive.  RMA'ed it to NCIX and in no time had my replacement.  GL to you op.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I would restart the installation again (Read the Using the Custom installation option and formatting the hard disk option): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

There could be a chance that your windows installation disk is corrupted.

I am not getting these options, whenever I restarts the PC I get the usual boot options but after that it just gives me that error again.

I had this happen with a faulty WD Caviar Black drive. RMA'ed it to NCIX and in no time had my replacement. GL to you op.

How are you suppost to tell if your hardware is faulty?

The drive losing data is a sign of faulty hardware. I would boot into the installation CD by changing your boot priority in the bios. You can enter bios by pressing delete i think.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

There must some sort of bootable software that tests the drive but honestly I just realized after trying enough times to install the OS to my hard drive I knew there was just something wrong with the drive.  It is not hard to install an OS.

There must some sort of bootable software that tests the drive but honestly I just realized after trying enough times to install the OS to my hard drive I knew there was just something wrong with the drive. It is not hard to install an OS.

Iv installed windows 7 a few times but iv never ran into this issue before.

Never mind I got it working, I simply forgot to change the boot from the SSD to the optical drive.

Glad you got it solved :) Be sure to press the mark solved button next to your best answer in order to notify users that you have solved this problem and that users with the same problem can navigate to the solution quickly.

Based on your earlier message I thought you had the optical drive set to boot from ... anyway.