What is different?

DC

I saw there was evga 500b and evga 500w 80plus certified. What is the difference and corsair cx550m is better quality than both right?

500B is 80+ Bronze, the other one is just 80+. The 500B would be better. The Grey CXM series is better than the Green CX. I'd say 500B over CX unless you need the extra 50 watts.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

7 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

500B is 80+ Bronze, the other one is just 80+. The 500B would be better. The Grey CXM series is better than the Green CX. I'd say 500B over CX unless you need the extra 50 watts.

Grey cx550m is similar quality? When i posted my plan for build people said cx550m over evga 500b is there much of quality difference or they are similar?

10 minutes ago, DC said:

Grey cx550m is similar quality? When i posted my plan for build people said cx550m over evga 500b is there much of quality difference or they are similar?

The CX550M is much better quality than both. The 80 PLUS is a lower quality unit than the Bronze and both are to avoid for a system with a real GPU. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

6 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The CX550M is much better quality than both. The 80 PLUS is a lower quality unit than the Bronze and both are to avoid for a system with a real GPU. 

I'm going to use gtx 1060 so I should stick with cx550m instead of evga 500 or 500b right?

Just now, DC said:

I'm going to use gtx 1060 so I should stick with cx550m instead of evga 500 or 500b right?

You could get a CX450M if it saves you money. If an EVGA GQ/B2, Seasonic G-series, or a Corsair RM fit in your budget then those would be a better buy.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

19 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You could get a CX450M if it saves you money. If an EVGA GQ/B2, Seasonic G-series, or a Corsair RM fit in your budget then those would be a better buy.

Cxm450 and 550 were like 5bucks difference so I chose 550

17 minutes ago, DC said:

Cxm450 and 550 were like 5bucks difference so I chose 550

Works for me. Go right on ahead.