Does it matter what the case costs?

All_Blunt
1 minute ago, All_Blunt said:

Is the only difference sharp edges and material quality?

Well feature sets to but yeah pretty much.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

There can also be more or less material that allow for certain features or design choices that factor into the price. 

The price itself doesn't change the product though. Don't get an expensive case for the sake of getting an expensive case.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It depends, cases vary a lot in size, build quality, features, air flow, aesthetics (to some people those matter too) and more. Some come with a power supply, some don't. As @WoodenMarker said, however, this does not mean that every expensive case is worth the asking price - inform yourself on what makes it special and compare it with other cases, also keep an eye out for features you know you want.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When buying cases most people look for good design and good airflow. The better looking ones usually cost more

With me i look at certain things first, Features > Price > Looks. So you get what you want, at a price your happy with and when you show it off it looks good. And Quality materials only matter if your going for an expensive build and you want the best. 

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

Quality of material, features/design, and Silence. For many people their computer is  going to be on their desks so looks are important, and especially if you are building a high end system, you may want a case that looks "high end" as well (aluminum finish, tempered glass, etc). Silence is also important. You pay more for cases with sound dampening material and designs.

Keep in mind that aesthetics can potentially have a psychological role in how much you like or enjoy your newly built/upgraded pc.