PC restarts itself

Lewiscpullan

Hi I've had my PC for over a year now and recently it's restarted itself no blue screen or anything. First time when I was playing CSGO second when I was editing a video. I'm thinking that it's a dodgy PSU any ideas? 

PC SPECS

i5 4590 

8GB corsair ram

Plot GTX 960

Toshiba 7200rpm hard drive 

Corair vs430 PSU

Thanks, Lewis

2 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

Hi I've had my PC for over a year now and recently it's restarted itself no blue screen or anything. First time when I was playing CSGO second when I was editing a video. I'm thinking that it's a dodgy PSU any ideas? 

PC SPECS

i5 4590 

8GB corsair ram

Plot GTX 960

Toshiba 7200rpm hard drive 

Corair vs430 PSU

Thanks, Lewis

its probably your PSU, without working on it in person i couldn't really tell you but you said it restarted when you were doing intensive tasks. you were already on the edge with a 430watt PSU. i would get another psu to test it and if it is the problem i would buy at least a 500 watt psu.

i7 6700k - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 - assorted other stuff

2 minutes ago, glunday said:

its probably your PSU, without working on it in person i couldn't really tell you but you said it restarted when you were doing intensive tasks. you were already on the edge with a 430watt PSU. i would get another psu to test it and if it is the problem i would buy at least a 500 watt psu.

I bought from DinoPC so I think it should be in warranty do you think I will be able to get a new one on warranty? OR something? 

Just now, Lewiscpullan said:

I bought from DinoPC so I think it should be in warranty do you think I will be able to get a new one on warranty? OR something? 

Honestly i don't know, i wouldn't have trusted a 430 Watt psu in the first place for that hardware. but i haven't even heard of DinoPc so i couldn't tell you about their warranty information but it's worth a try. Just remember that if at all possible its better to test and find out why you have a problem before you start buying hardware.

So I just spoke to Dino PC they said that it could be a GPU or PSU because both times I was using a GPU intensive program. So they said to remove the GPU and see if it restarts if it doesn't then send the GPU to them and they will send me a new one or whatever or if it still restarts then they will pick up the pc and fix it. It's been fine for 1 and a bit years so I think there's enough wattage but we'll see.

22 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

So I just spoke to Dino PC they said that it could be a GPU or PSU because both times I was using a GPU intensive program. So they said to remove the GPU and see if it restarts if it doesn't then send the GPU to them and they will send me a new one or whatever or if it still restarts then they will pick up the pc and fix it. It's been fine for 1 and a bit years so I think there's enough wattage but we'll see.

your PSU as with any other component degrades over time and gets less efficient, the main problem with a PSU being close to the edge is that as it gets older it gets less efficient and cant supply as much power as it used to. as i said without being there and testing it myself i couldn't tell you for sure but dont assume that because it had enough power for a long time that it hasn't degraded to the point that it can no longer supply enough power.

7 minutes ago, glunday said:

your PSU as with any other component degrades over time and gets less efficient, the main problem with a PSU being close to the edge is that as it gets older it gets less efficient and cant supply as much power as it used to. as i said without being there and testing it myself i couldn't tell you for sure but dont assume that because it had enough power for a long time that it hasn't degraded to the point that it can no longer supply enough power.

Ok thanks a lot for the help I will troubleshoot when my dad gets back.