After Effects not using GPU

MattyAB

I have after effects rendering videos via the Adobe Media Encoder, but I can't get GPU acceleration to work. I have a GTX 970, which should be pretty powerful with AE. Here is a screenshot of Adobe Media Encoder, my task manager, and Nvidia inspector: https://gyazo.com/14d6aab119fd14839033982136eb109e

What am I doing wrong? the GPU usage is settled at about 10%, is that normal? Let me know if you need any more info.

22 minutes ago, MattyAB said:

I have after effects rendering videos via the Adobe Media Encoder, but I can't get GPU acceleration to work. I have a GTX 970, which should be pretty powerful with AE. Here is a screenshot of Adobe Media Encoder, my task manager, and Nvidia inspector: https://gyazo.com/14d6aab119fd14839033982136eb109e

What am I doing wrong? the GPU usage is settled at about 10%, is that normal? Let me know if you need any more info.

The GPU does NOT render a whole video.... the CPU is still the main component that renders videos. The GPU only helps out with effects that you may have added that takes advantage of CUDA Acceleration.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Check your preferences preview settings to make sure "GPU" is selected.

Make sure your selecting GPU Acceleration in Media Encoder. As you're using an Nvidia Card it may say CUDA as well as OpenCL- just choose GPU acceleration. Note GPU acceleration only really kicks in on some effects or workloads.

Media Encoder.png