Transfer RAID (0) to a new MOBO

Cazure

Currently I'm upgrading my PC with some new hardware. I'm going from an AMD CPU+MOBO (ddr3) to an Intel CPU+MOBO (ddr4). I have in my 'AMD' setup a RAID 0 configuration with 2 SSD's. 

My question is: 

What are the necessary steps to transfer the drives savely? I know that I'm going to lose all my data, so I backed it all up, that isn't a problem. But do I need to un-RAID the drives so that they don't break, or can I just disconnect them from the old and connect them to the new MOBO and set them up in a new RAID 0 setup?

Greetings,

Cazure.

21 hours ago, Cazure said:

do I need to un-RAID the drives so that they don't break, or can I just disconnect them from the old and connect them to the new MOBO and set them up in a new RAID 0 setup?

You can just move the drives over. When you install the hard drives on the new Intel motherboard, you will have to recreate the RAID array. They should show up as individual drives, and then you can merge them into an array and will be formatted together. ProTip: You will loose data when you make any RAID array, including RAID 1(Mirror).

21 hours ago, Cazure said:

I know that I'm going to lose all my data, so I backed it all up, that isn't a problem.

For doing some research, and making a copy of your important data, +1 for you.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/