Crucial MX300 series vs Samsung 850 EVO series

JJDynomite

I am looking to get a 1TB ssd. The Samsung 850 EVO on Amazon.com is $305 USD the Crucial MX300 1TB is only $260 USD. Amazon says Samsung is at 540mbps reads and 520 write while th eMX300 is at 530/510. That is a very small difference but a big cost difference. Is another major difference I am missing?

Not really as both crucial and Samsung have amazing quality ssds I would personally go with the crucial just because it's cheaper and with day to day tasks you're not likely able to tell the difference between the two as both are modern ssds save your money

3 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

Not really as both crucial and Samsung have amazing quality ssds I would personally go with the crucial just because it's cheaper and with day to day tasks you're not likely able to tell the difference between the two as both are modern ssds save your money

Well the Crucial only has 3 years warranty, whereas the Samsng has 5. That is a pretty good reason to go with Samsung.

To RGB, or not to RGB? That is the question.

- Shakespeare. Hamlet, Act III, scene I.

Just now, StaffCorporal said:

Well the Crucial only has 3 years warranty, whereas the Samsng has 5. That is a pretty good reason to go with Samsung.

Yes but realistically life expectancy of a modern ssd is going to last well beyond many upgrades of a pc if it hasn't failed in the first year then it's just not going to

In fact I still have my older 500gb mx100 that I bought a couple years ago and just put it in my new laptop :)