New GPU

Flight1sim

So I currently have a GTX 780 but i feel it's lacking power fr my 3 1080p monitors in most games.

So.

I am willing to spend up to $250 or so on a new GPU.

I was looking at maybe getting a 2nd 780 for around $150, (or maybe buy 2 for Triple SLI lel) but I know that wont help mcuh with the 3 monitor issue. (still more power tho :P) 

Or.

Maybe a Titan Black?  (ik, same performance as 780 but newer and has 2x the vram, so i'm okay with that) 

I can sell my 780 and get something new like a 980Ti or something.

What should I do?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

1 minute ago, Flight1sim said:

So I currently have a GTX 780 but i feel it's lacking power fr my 3 1080p monitors in most games.

So.

I am willing to spend up to $250 or so on a new GPU.

I was looking at maybe getting a 2nd 780 for around $150, (or maybe buy 2 for Triple SLI lel) but I know that wont help mcuh with the 3 monitor issue. (still more power tho :P) 

Or.

Maybe a Titan Black?  (ik, same performance as 780 but newer and has 2x the vram, so i'm okay with that) 

I can sell my 780 and get something new like a 980Ti or something.

What should I do?

Sell that 780 of yours and get a Gtx 1070. Will be better than a 980ti in a number of ways, especially given that you use a surround setup.

Do NOT go for SLI, though.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

Sell that 780 of yours and get a Gtx 1070. Will be better than a 980ti in a number of ways, especially given that you use a surround setup.

Do NOT go for SLI, though.

I cant find them for cheap enough :P 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

1 minute ago, Flight1sim said:

I cant find them for cheap enough :P 

Hmm... let's see. You said you had 250$. And that you can get a 780 for 150$, so selling yours for the same price. That leads to 400$ total.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

There, 400$. Or you could try squeezing 30$ in and getting the G1 version. Still that one above is already within budget.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Hmm... let's see. You said you had 250$. And that you can get a 780 for 150$, so selling yours for the same price. That leads to 400$ total.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

There, 400$. Or you could try squeezing 30$ in and getting the G1 version. Still that one above is already within budget.

oh huh cool. Holy crap 8Gb of vram.. (been out of the GPU world for a bit) 

I know i'll get hate for it but I kinda want an FE because it matches my pc's theme and stuff... I found one on Craigslist near me for $450 :P (maybe)

Also Ill sell my 780 to my friend so I can honestly charge more for him (im an awful friend)

i'd recommend against SLI if possible.

a 1060 which should -new- be very close to your budget would already be a notable improvement.

i doubt you'll be able to flip your 780 in the $160-200 range so a (edit) decent 1070 is probably out of reach.

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

oh huh cool. Holy crap 8Gb of vram.. (been out of the GPU world for a bit) 

I know i'll get hate for it but I kinda want an FE because it matches my pc's theme and stuff... I found one on Craigslist near me for $450 :P (maybe)

Also Ill sell my 780 to my friend so I can honestly charge more for him (im an awful friend)

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'd recommend against SLI if possible.

a 1060 which should -new- be very close to your budget would already be a notable improvement.

i doubt you'll be able to flip your 780 in the $160-200 range so a (edit) decent 1070 is probably out of reach.

I can sell mine for $200 to a friend (in CL its around $170) 

1 minute ago, Reallifecat said:

Maybe an RX 480 or 470?

ehhhhhhhhhhh........

I really enjoy using Nvidia surround and I just prefer Nvidia over AMD (bad experiences with AMD in the past)

2 minutes ago, Flight1sim said:

I can sell mine for $200 to a friend (in CL its around $170) 

if you're able to flip it (without doing a dick move to a friend) $200 would get you up in the decent range of GTX1070.

Just now, Flight1sim said:

(bad experiences with AMD in the past)

the feels... i still feel the pain of the screetching sound of the fan on my gigabyte HD5770 running without bearings for months xD

ehhhhhhhhhhh........

I really enjoy using Nvidia surround and I just prefer Nvidia over AMD (bad experiences with AMD in the past)

Ok then a 1060 or if you could a 1070.

"What am I even meant to put here?" - Me 2016

Just now, manikyath said:

if you're able to flip it (without doing a dick move to a friend) $200 would get you up in the decent range of GTX1070.

I can get a Fe 1070 for $390 here :)

(yes i know Fe sucks but I really like how it looks and my 780 hasnt been loud or overheating so im okay with it) 

I can get a Fe 1070 for $390 here :)

(yes i know Fe sucks but I really like how it looks and my 780 hasnt been loud or overheating so im okay with it) 

well.. TLDR: if you can get your hands on a 1070, 1070 is the way to go.