S6 Edge Battery

CrustyTissue

Hey guys,

I was at reading festival and i noticed my phone kept dying within 6 hrs, I wasn't even using it most of the time ... I feel like my battery life sucks nowadays, i've even reset my phone and disable loads of useless things with Package Pro Disabler. I'm considering changing my battery and came across this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Galaxy-Edge-G9250-Online-Enteprises/dp/B014U2K9JU, do you think this would improve my battery life or am I better off buying the original battery which is smaller.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, CrustyTissue said:

Hey guys,

I was at reading festival and i noticed my phone kept dying within 6 hrs, I wasn't even using it most of the time ... I feel like my battery life sucks nowadays, i've even reset my phone and disable loads of useless things with Package Pro Disabler. I'm considering changing my battery and came across this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Galaxy-Edge-G9250-Online-Enteprises/dp/B014U2K9JU, do you think this would improve my battery life or am I better off buying the original battery which is smaller.

Thanks

I mean if you wanna break your warranty and open up your phone, go for it.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Plus look at the reviews 

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Just now, Hero7750 said:

I mean if you wanna break your warranty and open up your phone, go for it.

My warranty is finished anyway, i want to keep the phone for another year so i need to find a way to fix battery life.

Just now, CrustyTissue said:

My warranty is finished anyway, i want to keep the phone for another year so i need to find a way to fix battery life.

The reviews are shit and you risk breaking your phone.

My Main PC:

The first thing I would do is figure out for sure if its your battery thats the problem, with an iphone theres a program you can download that tells you all of your battery stats, including its current capacity compared to the capacity it had when it was new. I don't know exactly what you would use for android, but considering how open it is compared to iOS you should be able to find one pretty easily.

If you do find that the battery is much weaker than it should have been, the second thing you should do is decide if you want to replace it your self or pay a cell phone repair shop to do it for you (I'd guess they'd charge somewhere around $50, My iPhone 5 replacement was only $25, but they'll probably want more because of that edge screen, idk). Watch battery replacement videos on youtube and decide if its something you think you can do on your own. Just remember that if you crack your screen or cut a ribbon cable or something its your own fault, and youll have to pay more for replacement parts. (Luckily theres nothing you can do that cant be fixed by throwing more money at it)

Finally, and to answer your original question, always go with OEM parts if possible. They may be more expensive or not look as good on paper, but they are almost always the best choice. When they designed your S6, Samsung had a large team of engineers and other very smart people working for months to design the best battery they could get. These eBay/Amazon ones sell in very low volumes, and are usually just small batteries with a new sticker pasted over the old one so it looks like a big battery. Its false advertising, but China is a big place and they're not likely to get caught so they just keep doing it