$5000 Gaming/Productivity PC

Joshe343

I've been working on this parts list for a few months, going back and changing parts, removing parts, and adding parts. I think this is going to be the final list but I'm open to suggestions.

The point of the build isn't "what's best for the money". This is me treating myself to an all out, overkill, beautiful PC.

I'll be doing 4K gaming, streaming, light editing, and compiling on this build.

Also, help me come up with a name. "Symbiotic Identity" is a placeholder. It was going to be Peasant Slayer but I wanted to take the opportunity to pair it with Symbiote's from the Spider-Man universe just because I think they're really cool but I'm open-minded to anything.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/XeClutch/saved/BkDtt6

Productivity then x99 could be better

Depends.

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Productivity then x99 could be better

Depends.

I was considering that but I'm going to be doing way more gaming than anything else on this PC and I've been convinced that even after overclocking the 6700k really can't be beat when it comes to gaming.

7 minutes ago, Joshe343 said:

I've been working on this parts list for a few months, going back and changing parts, removing parts, and adding parts. I think this is going to be the final list but I'm open to suggestions.

The point of the build isn't "what's best for the money". This is me treating myself to an all out, overkill, beautiful PC.

I'll be doing 4K gaming, streaming, light editing, and compiling on this build.

Also, help me come up with a name. "Symbiotic Identity" is a placeholder. It was going to be Peasant Slayer but I wanted to take the opportunity to pair it with Symbiote's from the Spider-Man universe just because I think they're really cool but I'm open-minded to anything.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/XeClutch/saved/BkDtt6

Why mixing up memory brands? :P

Overclocking? Get the OC-Formula Z170! 

Just now, lukart said:

Not mixing memory brands. It's the same memory, just different colors to match the theme.

1 minute ago, lukart said:

I think it's to go with the color scheme

Well, if you're going SLI, you might want to consider something like the 6850K or the 5930K to get those extra PCIe lanes and get most out of your cards, you get 40 instead of 28 so both cards can run 16x16 instead of 16x8. Also would help with rendering and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Joshe343 said:

Not mixing memory brands. It's the same memory, just different colors to match the theme.

Simply going with a set of four is what i would advise. That prevents any problems. You don't know for sure that those are the exact same memory modules or do you. If so you can savely buy the two packs I guess.
I also can't justify going for such a garbage mouse in a 5k build. What about a Zowie, Steelseries, Roccat, Logitech, Mionix. To name a few omre specificly. Logietch G900, G502, G302, Mionix Naos (7000), Castor ... There are plenty.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

well if you are going for a $7000 buget

maybe custom loop?

use my (and wifes) build as a guide, will get enough power under that hood

and have adleast $5000 for custom loop (i sounded like a Russian guy then)

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

What's the reasoning behind getting two new monitors? Is there a need for two?

You mentioned 4K gaming but didnt include a 4K monitor so I guess you already have one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vyqW4C

If it's just about getting the most out of your budget I think going with the 6900K would be the best option.

Also a Titan XP instead of SLI 1080 since some games dont support SLI and with the Titan you will get

50+ FPS in about any game at the market right now on ultra settings for like 250$ less (if you buy from NVidia).

Another idea would be going with a cheaper CPU and cheaper motherboard (e.g. 5820K + X99 Strix Gaming)

and going for a full custom loop since you can overclock the Titan XP by quite a bit unlike the 1080.

1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Simply going with a set of four is what i would advise. That prevents any problems. You don't know for sure that those are the exact same memory modules or do you. If so you can savely buy the two packs I guess.
I also can't justify going for such a garbage mouse in a 5k build. What about a Zowie, Steelseries, Roccat, Logitech, Mionix. To name a few omre specificly. Logietch G900, G502, G302, Mionix Naos (7000), Castor ... There are plenty.

I'll look around but what's listed there matches my build nicely and I've used it before.

2 minutes ago, Kuri said:

What's the reasoning behind getting two new monitors? Is there a need for two?

You mentioned 4K gaming but didnt include a 4K monitor so I guess you already have one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vyqW4C

If it's just about getting the most out of your budget I think going with the 6900K would be the best option.

Also a Titan XP instead of SLI 1080 since some games dont support SLI and with the Titan you will get

50+ FPS in about any game at the market right now on ultra settings for like 250$ less (if you buy from NVidia).

Another idea would be going with a cheaper CPU and cheaper motherboard (e.g. 5820K + X99 Strix Gaming)

and going for a full custom loop since you can overclock the Titan XP by quite a bit unlike the 1080.

I could get a 6900K if I wanted to but it's been proven time and time again that the 6700K, simply put, is much better for gaming.

Most games nowadays support SLI and even if they don't optimize for it directly we have different API's like DX12 that will handle it. Keeping these things in mind, the two 1080's will outperform the single Titan XP most of the time.

As for the monitors, I went with 2 for a few reasons. One of them is that I'm going to start streaming and I want to be able to see my chat and manage OBS and other things outside of the main monitor. I also picked those in particular because of their refresh rate and response time. Don't have a 4K monitor and didn't go with one because I really don't want to be spending upwards of a thousand dollars on a good 4K monitor that matches my setup.

45 minutes ago, samiscool51 said:

well if you are going for a $7000 buget

maybe custom loop?

use my (and wifes) build as a guide, will get enough power under that hood

and have adleast $5000 for custom loop (i sounded like a Russian guy then)

I've considered custom loops but I'm not big on maintenance and I'd prefer to have it professionally done just because I'm not very handy and good at those sort of things. I also don't want to dump another $1000 into this for a custom loop just because it won't have very much effect. There are 11 different HQ fans on the system (6 of which are going to be used on the 360mm rad for CPU) and I'll most likely have fan speeds on the GPU's turned up because of the silent ACX 3.0 cooling on the classified cards.

Okay so I've decided to ask the question whether or not I would actually see a performance difference with the 2 GTX 1080 Classified's from EVGA if I ran them with a 6850K instead of a 6700K? The 6850K has the 40 PCIE lanes to support both cards in 16X but would this actually make any sort of performance difference in the real world? Not talking about synthetic benchmarks, I could care less about those. I'm talking actual gameplay performance at 4K.